RWS Model 48 Diana

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
ShooterP14
AA Poster
AA Poster

RWS Model 48 Diana

Post by ShooterP14 »

I'm looking for an air rifle for sporter class. I was thinking of getting the Air Arms TX200, but are there any opions (and I'm sure there are) about the RWS Model 48 Diana?

http://www.umarexusa.com/product/RWS-Model-48,16,17.htm

What about other rifles? Ok you experts, lets hear from you!
The Wonderful White Winged Warrior - He's Everywhere! He's Everywhere!
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: RWS Model 48 Diana

Post by Bob259 »

Look at the Theoben
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Finprof
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Finprof »

Two years ago I was where you are and asked a couple of knowledgeable air rifle shooters about a springer. Both said to get a TX200. Also, both said to shoot it for a couple of years before getting it tuned. So I did. And I'm happy with the result.
I looked at the ad for the RWS Model 48 Diana. If the ad focuses on the fps generatd by the gun then accuracy is probably compromised to get the fps.
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

The Diana 48 is a (heavy) hunting rifle. The action moves on a sledge. Put on a light-duty scope and it'll eat it up. Accuracy will be so-so.

The TX200 is more refined. It has won more Field Target competitions than may other types combined. This is a testament to accuracy. It too is heavy and very tiring should you carry it all day in the field.

If you look at the size of the silhouette targets, you know you'll need the accuracy.

You are close to Tampa Bay where there is a Field target club. Google it, look it up and visit them when they have a match. I'd call the MD before and let them know your arriving. Most likely you'll be provided and airrifle and possibly will shoot a TX200 at the match. Maybe someone will have a Diana 48 for you to try too.

Here's there website (It doesn't seem up-to-date): http://home.earthlink.net/~tampabayairgunners/index.htm
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Love the RWS for what they are but a 48 will never touch a TX in any way shape or form. TX all the way and you are set. Get it tuned in time and it is even better. Jeaux still shoots better scores with his TX than his Walther LG Hunter PCP laser. They are that good.

Had a 48 years ago it is long gone, my TX isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!