CRC Firing Line Cover Update

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

CRC Firing Line Cover Update

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

I went out to the club yesterday AM to check on construction progress. The contractor got started on the 2nd. Got all ground measuring done and all the post holes bored, a few posts installed. This cover will be 325 feet long and 24 feet wide, continuous. After 12 years of waiting, it's really happening. We had to cancel todays HP match as we have closed this range till this project is completed. Most of the shooters were out hunting critters this weekend anyway. I will post more progress pictures as time will allow, this is a 150 mile round trip for me. ....Bob M. http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z94/ ... V03080.flv
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Nice start

Post by Dee »

thats going to be a nice setup when its done. Any plans to build high walls to block all that wind :lol: Looks like it would be a challenging location to shoot at. How would you describe the wind I see in the video, is that about the usual or was that only a light breeze?

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Dee, you were'nt supposed to notice the grass was moving. Yes, it was about a 15 mph "breeze" but quickly went to 30-35 before I left the area. Typical when a weather front approaches. A local rancher once told me he thought that all the Earth's jet streams originated in Byers,CO. Really, we do get plenty of calm days out there....but hardly ever on a match day! And yes, we did submit a plan to our club directors to fully enclose the range, much like the Boeing 747 assembly buildings. But that idea was quickly shot down. We are really happy to be getting the line cover.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Bob, I saw Eric S. at the match today at BA, with Kathleen G. I wondered why he wasn't at the CRC shooting with you guys, when I got home and saw your post, I knew why. The last time I shot at CRC, Mr. Bant was running things there and it was a tad windy, but still had a good time, as in every time that I'm shooting in Colorado. The ranges are good and well ran, the people are great. The only bad thing that I can think of about Colorado is that white stuff that shows up every now and again.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

JB,....last winter it was again, again, and again....we couldn't access the range for nearly three and a half months. :cry:
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

BOB, Understand it only rained last night, but according to some of the foreigners still in Golden it got cold!!! Too cold to stay in the hot tub long enough to finish the beer, must been that Coors stuff again.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Innocent,.... those guys are wimps.....there ain't nothing like sitting in a hot tub in winter, catching snowflakes on your tounge and washing them down with a cold brew.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

there ain't nothing like sitting in a hot tub in winter, catching snowflakes on your tounge and washing them down with a cold brew.
BOB, now there will be some serious discussion as to what contitutes cold brew. They equate the Coors with something like water. Considering the wimps are from Northern Italy and Davos, they might contest the term you've given them but I'll be sure to mention it.

Ciao,
Innocent

Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Mary, are these the guntoting foreigners you mentioned last week? Please don't tell them what I said. Golden still has not recovered since you left.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

BOB,

Now I behaved in Golden, the price of drinks in the resturaunts is far too high for my state income. Can't say that I didn't sit back and enjoy the show of the pistol toting native OKie and the anti-gun foreigners, quite amusing at times. So if Golden hasn't recoevered I'd say that it is a result of the locals not knowing how to deal with tourists....

Don't worry I will not forward your remarks, may need their data at some point and I can play politics enough to do what it takes to get what I need.
Innocent