NRA BLOG FROM NRA COWBOY LEVER ACTION NATIONALS

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

NRA BLOG FROM NRA COWBOY LEVER ACTION NATIONALS

Post by lone ringer »

Hello Ex-Pom (are my molds ready yet?), Bear and Outback Mick Dundee, check the NRA blog. Tony Tello

http://nrablog.com/post/2009/08/24/Cowb ... x#continue

Australian David McCarthy became the first international competitor to win the title at this year’s Cowboy Action Championship in Raton, New Mexico. McCarthy is pictured above with Australian teammates Mick Hutton and Robert Tobler.

McCarthy received his first rifle, a Daisy BB lever action, when he was just two years old. He became a member of the Sporting Shooters’ Association of Australia by age eleven and competed in his first Lever Action National Championships in 1994. Just 13 years old, he won all five junior events.

Over the next 15 years, McCarthy shot in many competitions, including the Muzzle loading National Championships, Lever Action National Championships, Field Rifle & 3-Positional Championships, and the U.S. National Matches at Camp Perry. Winning many medals and setting national records along the way, McCarthy has also won the Lever Action Nationals numerous times, and became the first person to win back-to-back championships.

McCarthy began shooting Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette competitions in 2008 when Australia held their first national championships; 2009 was David’s first year shooting in the Cowboy Action Championship. With his history in lever action, winning the title can hardly be considered “beginner’s luck” and you can expect to see a lot more of him in the future.

Cowboy Action is a relatively new competition in competitive shooting. It is similar to the Rifle Metallic Silhouette matches, where rifles are used to knock down metal targets at a variety of distances. Unlike the Rifle Metallic Silhouette matches, however, Cowboy Lever Action can be contested on the 100 and 200 meter Handgun Metallic Silhouette ranges, making Rifle Silhouette available to a larger number of shooters who don't have access to the 500 meter range required for the Center fire Rifle Silhouette match.
daisy
A Poster
A Poster

Re: NRA BLOG FROM NRA COWBOY LEVER ACTION NATIONALS

Post by daisy »

Thanks lone ringer for the post on the Aussies and the shooting of the Ex- Pom .
From what I have heard the more you piss into his pocket the better chance you have of getting what you want out of him. :wink:

Daisy
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

daisy wrote:Thanks lone ringer for the post on the Aussies and the shooting of the Ex- Pom .
From what I have heard the more you piss into his pocket the better chance you have of getting what you want out of him. :wink:

Daisy
Daisy, why does that sound like a gunsmith I used to work for? Hmmm must be the way they work.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day All
I'd like to something nice about the Stinking Pom but my mother told me never to tell lies. I'll remind him about the molds when I talk to him this week, the Bear said he was making about 40 sets so yours might be there Tony. Also I loaded some of his new custom projectiles today for my 6.5x47 Lapua. The Stinking Pom bought all of Anthony Finn's equipment, Anthony used to produce the Ram King bullets. Dave is trading them as DMC Bullets and the quality and consistancy is the same standard that made Antony's bullets soooo good. If you go to http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=54754 you can see the mold Dave made for me as a special order. It's the same exceptional quality as the bullets.
Juddy
The Chairman has spoken!
The Chairman has spoken!!