Tasmanian CLAS Championships

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Tasmanian CLAS Championships

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day All
Don't forget the Tasmanian Championships 4-5 April. The Bear, The Bugle and Fobis 01 have all booked. Also 1/4 is coming from Vic and the Butcher will be here. Maybe Outback Mick will show up and teach those standing Rams some manners?
Juddy
The Chairman has spoken!!
Outback Mick
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Tasmanian CLAS Championships

Post by Outback Mick »

Well I wouldn't be using your s%*&box, pretty boy, bell ringing 44 Mag if I did manage to get down there again.

The best lesson learnt lately is very simple, never use a pistol cartridge for a rifle match. There is simply not enough leeway in regards to pressure & energy for the larger heavier targets. Traditional Lever Actions are not the strongest of rifles, a lighter load is better on all counts, rifle, shooter and your wallet. To do this you have to run a sensible rifle cartridge as they are the only ones that can run a lighter powder load and still retain energy at 200m to get the job done with a reasonable chunk of lead. Always look at the physics at both ends of the job.

Now I feel better,
Outback Mick
Camels are the best silhouettes
Down Under F-Troop
toad
B Poster
B Poster

Post by toad »

Outback Mick wrote:Well I wouldn't be using your s%*&box, pretty boy, bell ringing 44 Mag if I did manage to get down there again.

The best lesson learnt lately is very simple, never use a pistol cartridge for a rifle match. There is simply not enough leeway in regards to pressure & energy for the larger heavier targets. Traditional Lever Actions are not the strongest of rifles, a lighter load is better on all counts, rifle, shooter and your wallet. To do this you have to run a sensible rifle cartridge as they are the only ones that can run a lighter powder load and still retain energy at 200m to get the job done with a reasonable chunk of lead. Always look at the physics at both ends of the job.

Now I feel better,
Outback Mick
hi all
no mick that's not the way you said it to me up at westbury it went somthing like this juddy should have this
ramstanding bell ringing 44 shoved as far up his @#$e as he can f@#$%^G well get it. its the biggest peace of
sh@T th i have had the misfortune to use .i wish i had a spare $1000.00 as i would love to throw it as far down
range as i could. now that's how i recall the event. :twisted:

regards toad
the toad has croaked http://www.tedsmachinetool.com/
toad
B Poster
B Poster

Post by toad »

hi all
well boys and girls the toad has finally won a bank of rams .yes you heard me right =)) im in the money
the frame is full :ymparty: . :o) :)) :D :roll: :mrgreen: .
i am as happy as a pig in sh#t why you might ask because im in the money im in the money.
and yes i did miss the tuition of outback mick and only come home with silver in p/c but as they say .im in the money im
in the money.
but boys and girls the hat's are off to the bugle she flogged us. 4 gold and the over all high gun winner not 2 sure
of the score's but i think that they will get posted soon but boy did she make us look silly not that it is that hard
to make us lot look silly .
mick they all rung rams except 1/4 pounder with his 45/70 and boy did he shoot well he cleaned up in his grade
also shot like a mad man. well i must go and hang the frame up as im in the money im in the money.

regards toad
the toad has croaked http://www.tedsmachinetool.com/
tasy_ted
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tasy_ted »

gday all
toad let me be the first to congratulate you on your fine win . as i know how hard it is to beat the ramslammer's
and get the money.
i hope the you did the im in the money dance for them.?? now that you have broken the ice with a very nice win . win's will come thick and fast now there will be no stopping you . i would all so like to say congrat's to the bugle on a fine effort .
along with jerkin his gerkin ( 1/4 ) pounder L-) .

regards tasy_ted :ymdevil:
once a king always a king but once a knight is enough
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day All
Toad you have an identity crisis!!!!!
Outback Mick it's your fault that Toad won you were meant to come down and stop the vile little amphibian SHAME, SHAME, SHAME. Don't worry Taps didn't get many prizes though.

3 GUN
1st Kathy Tobler (Bugle) 86/120
2nd Peter Gurkin (1/4) 84/120
3rd Rob Abel 82/120
Thanks to all that came along and to Wayne Hume for running a great shoot.
Juddy
The Chairman
The Chairman has spoken!!
daisy
A Poster
A Poster

Post by daisy »

Hey Toad
Glad to hear you got to do the dance. Also glad I wasn't there to see it as you would have been unbearable, and not treat it with the respect and decorum as I did. :-$

Daisy
Bear
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Bear »

Hi All
Toad I didn't stand any Rams with my 30-30 & yes the Bugle did kick our arses your lucky you didn't have to sit next to her on the plane.

Bear
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

Rammslammer wrote
Don't worry Taps didn't win many prizes
Three events , three gongs.

AND a bank of RAMS , as the Toad says , "I'm in the money , I'm in the money ," :D

Message to Outback Mick ; 20gr 2205 , 245gr Hawkesbury in the .44mag , 6 solid hits on rifle rams , 2 fell !!

I was given two of the hits as they had one foot in the dirt behind the stand . One hit solid in the nose and never even flinched .

I WILL be taking the .38-55 to the Nationals . No weight restrictions on that trip .

Excellent event , had a great time , many thanks to Mr & Mrs Ramslammer for their hospitality .

Must do it again sometime .

Taps
Taps