D3 Precision Trigger blade for Ans 1712...

This is what we do.
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

D3 Precision Trigger blade for Ans 1712...

Post by pdeal »

I received an ebay question about the trigger blade that I make for the Anschutz 1712. Windshooter (member here) was the person that asked and suggested that I post the answer here.

His question is if my trigger blade reduces the reach to the trigger. I can't remember the exact definition of pull length so maybe it is or isn't that. Anyway, The answer is that yes it does reduce the reach just a little. Maybe 1/4"? I don't have one of the originals here so I can't say for sure. I guess I should buy one for comparison. (photos of each below but not good comparison photos).

The one I came up with is sort-of a copy of the trigger blade that Karl Kenyon used to put on his triggers. I had one of his triggers on a target rifle and always liked it. The intent of the larger wider blade is reduce the apparent trigger pull weight. But as stated above it does reduce pull length a little too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windshooter
Unclassified Poster

Re: D3 Precision Trigger blade for Ans 1712...

Post by Windshooter »

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated!
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

I love that trigger blade. Fits my finger so comfortable it just has that ahhhh that’s perfect feeling. I find it provides a feeling of reduction in trigger weight on my Smallbore rifle. The quality of everything pdeal makes under his D3 label on eBay is exceptional.
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

I love my D3 rings, might need to get the 2nd from highest ones to experiment with. BKL 257H are too low and 1.5" D3 just a smidge high for me.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Grantmac wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:05 pm I love my D3 rings, might need to get the 2nd from highest ones to experiment with. BKL 257H are too low and 1.5" D3 just a smidge high for me.
D3 rings are great. I use the 1.3's on my smallbore (Anschutz) rifle and the 1.5's on my Open air rifle (AA HFT-500).

As for trigger shoe/blades, I'm one of the few people that like a much more forward blade so I have a hard time finding blades that will sit forward enough rather than farther back than the factory blades. I have medium-sized hands so it's not an issue of having big mitts, just a finger position preference.

:-bd
Allen Corneau
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

acorneau wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:36 am
Grantmac wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:05 pm I love my D3 rings, might need to get the 2nd from highest ones to experiment with. BKL 257H are too low and 1.5" D3 just a smidge high for me.
D3 rings are great. I use the 1.3's on my smallbore (Anschutz) rifle and the 1.5's on my Open air rifle (AA HFT-500).

As for trigger shoe/blades, I'm one of the few people that like a much more forward blade so I have a hard time finding blades that will sit forward enough rather than farther back than the factory blades. I have medium-sized hands so it's not an issue of having big mitts, just a finger position preference.

:-bd
You must use the absolute tip of your finger.
I'm the exact opposite and I've made a custom blade to bring it further back.
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pdeal »

In a phone conversation Windshooter asked about the possibility of making a custom shape trigger blade and that's not practical because of the fixtures. But since the one I make is made from mild steel it should be able to be bent pretty much any way without breaking. Or ground narrower. I'll to a test next week and report back.
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AMB »

Yeah, I too love Pete's trigger blade and Rings for my 1712.