2012 Cowboy Nationals Photos - Long Range

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2012 Cowboy Nationals Photos - Long Range

Post by TheBugFather »

Hi All,
Sorry I was only able to get the Long Range photos done so far.
Here is the link, I hope this works!

http://photobucket.com/Cowboy2012LR

I should be able to get the other two groups up soon, Maybe 1 or 2 days.

Thanks, Dennis Ostler
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2012 Cowboy Nationals Photos - Long Range

Post by TheBugFather »

Also, if you view the photo in full size zoom, you should get a pop-up menu that says "File".
Click that and one of the options should be "download original file size".
That is how you can get the photo to download to your computer.
As to where on your computer, not sure :roll: .
Thanks, Dennis
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Nice pictures Dennis, thanks a lot.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Dennis,Thanks for the photos>Can't wait for the rest.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Nice shooting hermit5
Team Sierra Member
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Congrats to all the winners. What's this with the firearm awards? NICE. Glad to see the return of the rocks,too. Is this the new and improved NRA ? Can we expect to see decent bolt gun awards at rifle Nats. next week?
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Bob Mc Alice wrote:Congrats to all the winners. What's this with the firearm awards? NICE. Glad to see the return of the rocks,too. Is this the new and improved NRA ? Can we expect to see decent bolt gun awards at rifle Nats. next week?

Bob -

Yep, somewhere/someplace they found a Marlin 30/30, 357, and 39A to give away to the individual event winners (all REP proofmarks, BTW.... no JM marks). I'm not certain if NRA bought them outright or if they were donated by Marlin.

The "rocks" never left.... at least that's what has been awarded for the past 3-4 years that I've shot NRA CLA and Hunter Pistol Nationals. Having said that though, I saw the awards that Jonathon came up with for the Black Powder events and like them MUCH better than "the rocks" and I hope they'll follow suit with those awards for the silhouette events. Even the event T-shirt for the BP event was a nice change. Personally, I'd much rather see stuff we'd be more likely to use like belt buckles, money clips, range bags, event pins, etc than the "the rocks"... but I may be in the minority with that opinion.

-Tim
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Rocks are still only being awarded for 1st place in individual matches, and through 3rd (???) on the aggregate matches. NRA award points and a certificate for below third.
The rifles were obtained by Jon Leighton, as a donation from Marlin, not sure that he got anything for bolt guns but we will find out.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Bob Mc Alice wrote:Congrats to all the winners. What's this with the firearm awards? NICE. Glad to see the return of the rocks,too. Is this the new and improved NRA ? Can we expect to see decent bolt gun awards at rifle Nats. next week?
Bob, we've had the same rocks for at least 10 years maybe more. I do not remember when rocks replaced the Lincoln logs which some people did not like at all. Remember hearing one year that some unnamed shooter throwing his/hers wooden Lincoln logs in the trash.

Read your blue program for all the rifle matches so you know what awards they are giving in each Championship. There will be Visa Gift cards in the amounts of $400, $200 and $100 for the first three open places in each one of the four Championships plus the gold ring for the winner of each championship. No bolt rifles given to us at this time.

The rifles given at the Cowboy Championships were donated by Marlin and most people I talked to at the matches did not know about them because most of us do not bother to read the program.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

:) Your right Tony. I tossed the program aside, filled out the HP card and mailed it and just looked at the program now. Saw the Marlin donation page, too. I meant the little rocks out to X amount of places. Looks like the "NRA Trophy" goes out several places depending on class. Is this the little rock or points and paper past 3rd place? I guess we will find out soon.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

I didn't read the program either I did not know Marlin was donating rifles for the match winners. The 30-30 I won has a real nice stock with nice figure, and the wood to metal fit is nice also. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised.
Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Bob Mc Alice wrote::) Your right Tony. I tossed the program aside, filled out the HP card and mailed it and just looked at the program now. Saw the Marlin donation page, too. I meant the little rocks out to X amount of places. Looks like the "NRA Trophy" goes out several places depending on class. Is this the little rock or points and paper past 3rd place? I guess we will find out soon.
Bob, in the daily matches rocks for first three open winners, class and special class winners the rest get NRA points and now a printed certificate with the name of the winner which is a pleasant change from the past when shooters got NRA POINTS and a lot of people complained about it. For the aggregate all the awards are rocks and only the Super Senior get some kind of recognition but have not bother to find out if its a certificate, points or what ever is in an envelope they hand out to them.

A note of interest. I believe that there were some trophies given between the Lincoln logs and the rocks that were made out of glass. I remember one occasion when at one of the Silhouette Nationals (pistol ?) the carrier that delivered the trophies dropped the boxes accidentally and broke most of them and had to be reordered and mailed to each winner. Maybe somebody here will recall that episode as well.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

A note of interest. I believe that there were some trophies given between the Lincoln logs and the rocks that were made out of glass. I remember one occasion when at one of the Silhouette Nationals (pistol ?) the carrier that delivered the trophies dropped the boxes accidentally and broke most of them and had to be reordered and mailed to each winner. Maybe somebody here will recall that episode as well.
They were supposed to be mailed, they were not mailed, a year later we received a postcard giving us a fax number to send a fax to with the information as to where to send any trophies we won.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Bob Mc Alice wrote::) Your right Tony. I tossed the program aside, filled out the HP card and mailed it and just looked at the program now. Saw the Marlin donation page, too. I meant the little rocks out to X amount of places. Looks like the "NRA Trophy" goes out several places depending on class. Is this the little rock or points and paper past 3rd place? I guess we will find out soon.
Bob, if you want to see what awards were given at the Cowboy LA matches my friend Dennis Ostler took pictures of just about every shooter receiving their awards and posted them in the Cowboy Lever Action section of SC. With the exception of the MW trophies the awards to be given at the SB and HP Nationals are going to be identical to the Cowboy Lever Action.