Targets

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
thebear
Unclassified Poster

Targets

Post by thebear »

Hi, a lurker is here. Our club is trying to start a smallbore cowboy silhouette match. The NRA is like no help so I have come here. My question has to do with the targets. I have downloaded the grid targets and scaled them. Do these dimension seem correct? The chicken is 5 1/2" high x 6 3/4" long, the pig is 7 1/4" high x 11 1/4" long, the turkey is 11 1/2" high x 9 1/2" long and the ram is 13 1/4" high x 16 1/4" long. I don't want ot start cutting without knowing these are correct. Do they sound right? Also, are all targets cut from 3/16" A514? Someplaces it sounds like some are cut from thicker stock, these will be .22 only.Then could some one explain the feet, 2" x 4" is what I think the book says, but like the pig, just one and span the two legs? Thanks for any help. Fred
boats
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Targets

Post by boats »

Our club we buy targets, it takes a lot of materal to cut them out. Guys set up with cnc controled plasma make quick work of the job nice and uniform too. We set 120 at a time that's a whole lot of Gas if we made them ourselves.

Cowboy rim and pistol are half size from the NRA Scaled grid. Two thicknesses, one for rimfire one for centerfire. Rimfires won't knock the Pistol Ram targets over. Pistol calibers will ruin Rimfire targets. Only ones we make are swingers.

Boats
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Recently I have bought SB targets from this company and fully recommend them. You can see them and buy them in Ebay but also can purchase them directly. Their 20 set (5 of each of the targets)1/2 size for SB Cowboy and Hunter's Pistol is $300 plus $70 shipping charges.

Questions or Quotes!
Email us at sales@qualitytargets.com
Phone: 1-618-245-6515
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

Here's the dimensions
http://www.ihmsa.org/targets/
- Joe
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

If you have the scale correct from the NRA web site Then cut the targets from what ever metal you can get you hands on and have at it. The thickness does not matter or the grade of metal used either as long as they drop when hit. .22 will not damage mild steel. just my .02
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

a .22 will drop even the thick pistol targets 99.9% of the time just not the rams, they are to heavy.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member