Aperture sights for CLA ?

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
tenx9
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Aperture sights for CLA ?

Post by tenx9 »

Mr. Ringer, I understand that. And it was quite ridiculous at the time. The NRA shooting commitees only stroke the winning shooters. The same shooters will win the matches all the time anyway (90%-10% rule), which makes this conversation quite silly. I'm just trying to provide a little equalization between "US" regular guys and the usual winners by making it a little more consistent in sighting in their guns and also sharpening up their aiming point. Master shooters with their superior hold and smooth trigger pull could probably be off in their sights setting and still hit the animal due to their size. I know many older shooters who have a difficult time with both fiber optic and post type front apertures. The fiber optic is way too big and obliterates target view and in many lighting situations you can't see the post front at all. Nothing helps but better eyes. Better shooters hold so hard that they can shoot the blur and hit the animal. I once saw Troy Lawton shoot smallbore silhouettes at the Nationals with a sem-auto. He never once lowered his rifle and shot them rapid fire. He was probably done with 5 animals in around a minute. If I could shoot that good and had a hold that good, I wouldn't care about the rules either.