Great evening for silhouette

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Great evening for silhouette

Post by jnyork »

Perfect afternoon for silhouette, just a little breeze to help keep down the heat, 85 degrees or so. Our Wednesday night group all did well, for a change. We all shoot cast only, using "swinger" targets, two friends broke 30x40 with their .30-30's, both Marlin 336A's. I finally got out of my horrible slump, shot 36x40 with Marlin 1894CL, .32-20, best score I have ever shot with that gun and just had to brag a little. I would have shot .30-30 also but the full size pig swinger suffered a broken hanger bracket and wound up on the ground so gave it up as a bad job. Anyway, a good time was had by all, looking forward to next week. PS, with one exception we are all over 70.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Great evening for silhouette

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Way to go Jerry, nice shooting. Just goes to show you still have State Champion possibilities. Missed you last week at the match.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Nice shooting to all the young men there!

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Steelbanger
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Steelbanger »

This has been a great week for silhouette. After years of trying I finally got a 10 in a row pin for turkeys in CLA. This was at CSLC in PA. I shot a 190 gr. cast bullet from my 30-30. The last turkey was almost missed as it slowly turned on the rail and then toppled over. Whew! Almost missed the last one.

Oh yes, I meet your age criteria too as I will be turning 71 in a few months. Still need rams for a Grand Slam and I am trying to outrun the grim reaper.
Last edited by Steelbanger on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Steelbanger...Congrats on your ten in a row on turkeys...always a gratifying feeling when you can clean them!

Innocent Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AMB »

We had a super morning for silhouette last Sunday. Conditions were great and Brian Wakefield shot a exellent 40 x 40 in PC. He was really cruising, pounded the last 3 Rams.

Our range just really lends it self to great scores quite frequently. We've had a number of 40's in both CLA and in PC, although only one of them was during a registered match, the rest including Brian's was during approved matches.

Congrats to Brian great shooting!!!! Al Bean, MCRC