Any new and interesting ammo?

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Any new and interesting ammo?

Post by Ghostofwar »

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has some new any interesting ammo information. Shot Show is coming up soon, so who has heard some rumors about what's going to be unveiled there? I have just found the "new" CCI AR tactical ammo. My buddy and I ordered a case to try in our M4 trainer guns, but thats not silhouette stuff. Then again, it seems to be CCI's answer to AutoMatch... I also recently came across this website. Its kinda old news, but its interesting!

http://www.rimfireuniverse.com/
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Any new and interesting ammo?

Post by Jason »

Is this the new ammo you're talking about? It's in their target/competition category and shows 1200fps muzzle velocity.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/ ... oadNo=0045

Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Chicken number 1....owwww.
Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

Innocent wrote:Chicken number 1....owwww.
Innocent
Whiner.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

BC...I like my chicken legs and feet!!!
Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

No thats not the ammo I am talking about. Well, the stuff we got is basically the same except its copper plated. Here is a link. It even says "Tactical" on the box. How awesome is that??? :roll: And don't worry, this stuff will be used for paper and heavier steel targets.

http://www.cabelas.com/rimfire-ammuniti ... erralID=NA
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

Plated ammunition seems like a bad idea in any decent rifle bore. I would expect the plating to flake off and rough things up.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

I spotted for a buddy at the last SBCLA match that was using some of the bulk "Tactical" in a Winny 9422. He won the match shooting it. Although he hasn't put it on paper yet, he said "every shot went where I expected" with it.

At a glance, it looks like the "copper washed" Fiochi HV that my Henry H001T really likes.... Although, my Henry pretty much shoots everything well including the Federal Champion 510 stuff.

my .02,

-Tim

PS - Anyone know anything about the Rim-Fire Universe jacketed stuff? Where to buy it, what are the speed/weight/etc specs of it, etc? Some of it sure seems like it'd be a good candidate for PCCLA/HP Rams, particularly if it's hotter/heavier than the Fed757s.
Wirenut1212
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Wirenut1212 »

I saw a show recenlty on one of the outdoor programs and they where testing the CCI Tactical and they really liked it. They where using it in a SW M&P 15, said it was developed to opperate all the 22 AR trainers that are out now.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

.22 LR with jacketed bullets sounds like a very interesting proposition. I remember Robert Massey and others were trying to do that quite a few years back but nothing came of it for some reason.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

lone ringer wrote:.22 LR with jacketed bullets sounds like a very interesting proposition. I remember Robert Massey and others were trying to do that quite a few years back but nothing came of it for some reason.
I emailed the Rimfire Universe address several days ago asking for more detail, specs, etc of the FMJ ammo and haven't received anything yet.

Apparently, quite a few of the folks on rimfirecentral think its a hoax. There's about 29 pages of posts, with a few responses from a username "22fmj" that tries to explain himself that he's looking for CCI/Federal/etc to buy the rights to manufacture and distribute it in the USA. Here's the link:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=232659

-Tim
TOP PREDATOR
A Poster
A Poster

Post by TOP PREDATOR »

same thing here with rimfire universe. got a weird email back, i really DONT believe this ammo to be real, as the answer back was from some one with really bad typing skills and some BS about not being able to find a distributor in the US, and that a lack of materials has the maunufacturing of the ammo at a halt.

something very "hinky" there, i didn't pursue it anymore.

however that poly tipped and fmj model would be great in .22 lr - if it existed
"a craftsman can't realize his full potential, without finding the potential of the tools he uses...."