Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
blueline
B Poster
B Poster

Post by blueline »

My search has led me to a Winchester 94 in .356, it has less than 500 rounds through it. For those who play this game what do you think of this round or rifle? also with this rifle I will get every stick of brass that has gone through it and some factory ammo as well.
Though I have been through Fire & Water, He has lead me to a place of abundance.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: .356

Post by ppkny »

Blue line, I don't know anyone that is using this setup. If you're going to reload stick with something more common or you'll be paying alot for the privledge of shooting this caliber.

.356 Winchester

Introduced in 1982 in an equally new variant of the Model 94 Winchester called Angle Eject, the .356's only claim to fame is that it was once available in more than two rifles while its .307 Winchester mate has never been available in more than one. For several years, the Marlin Model 336ER was offered in .356 Winchester but the last rifles were produced in 1987. Whether or not additional Marlin rifles will be built in this caliber remains to be seen.

When we consider that it is far more effective on big game than the .30-30 Winchester and .35 Remington and will do about anything the .348 Winchester and .358 Winchester will do, the .356's sad tale of woe is difficult to explain. But then, when we consider what happened to the .348 and .358, the water clears up considerably. In 1987, only five years after its introduction, U.S. Repeating Arms ceased production of the Model 94 carbines in .356 Winchester but brought it back for another try in 1988. Hopefully, it's reintroduction in the Model 94 was prompted by hunter demand.

Olin engineers who developed the .356 Winchester have cautioned against loading the cartridge with roundnose bullets. This leaves us with the 180 and 220 grain Speer bullets, both of flatnose form. Excellent powders for the .356 Winchester are H335, H4895, IMR-4064, and W-748.
blueline
B Poster
B Poster

Post by blueline »

Thanks so very much for your responce
Though I have been through Fire & Water, He has lead me to a place of abundance.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

My dad had the same gun it shot well but kicked like a mule.As he said hunting deer it punished on each end.