cast bullets 6.5x47Lapua

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
pigdog72
B Poster
B Poster

cast bullets 6.5x47Lapua

Post by pigdog72 »

I have been useing cast bullets for off hand practice on chickens at 200m 8grains of red dot behind a 140 cast in my 6.5x47 1400FPS it's good fun and cheap. :D
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: cast bullets 6.5x47Lapua

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

pigdog72, some questions for you. Are you casting them yourself ?...gaschecks used ?.... how is the accuracy ? .... are they knocking them down reliably ? Lastly, how much more elevation correction do you need over your jacketed high velocity chicken zero?
Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chickenchoker
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chickenchoker »

What mold,alloy, water dropped or air cooled and finally what lube? You can save even more $ by using Promo. Same charge weight, less volume. Maybe 10cents a loaded round?
Jeaux
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Jeaux »

Very interested in hearing a response to the two previous posts. This sounds like good cheap fun. I got a friend that loves to cast bullets that could do some for me if I gave him the mold.
pigdog72
B Poster
B Poster

Post by pigdog72 »

Bob Mc Alice wrote:pigdog72, some questions for you. Are you casting them yourself ?...gaschecks used ?.... how is the accuracy ? .... are they knocking them down reliably ? Lastly, how much more elevation correction do you need over your jacketed high velocity chicken zero?

they are hawsbrey river pills, they are gaschecks, accuracy is half MOA at 100, yes they knocking them down,
i'm useing my ram settings. i will say the wind pushes them a long way.