Check yer drawers!!

Want to buy or want to sell.
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Check yer drawers!!

Post by jnyork »

Junk drawers, that is. :lol: I need a front sight hood for a first model TC Contender. Thanks.
Hal
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Check yer drawers!!

Post by Hal »

I have hoods and sighs.. The first Conteners had perminate front sites. If yours has two screw holes then maybe we can do something. Hal
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

It is secured with screws. Would like to have a hood if you have one. Thanks.
Hal
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hal »

The used one I have is flat black and made for a T/C Contender and in excellent condition. It has a 1" tube abut 2.45" long. The post is adjustable from .068" to.135" and has two attaching screws. If you are interested the full price shipped to you (within the USA) is $25.00 Hal
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

OK, Hal, I'll go ahead and buy that from you. Send your info in a PM . Thanks.
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

Hey, Hal, I got the sight and it is a nice item, but wont fit my Contender, the hole spacing is WAY off and there isnt enough material to drill another one. Guess I will put it up on ebay.
Hal
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hal »

Tuesday morning…. 6-15-10

Just now read your post...... I have been selling a lot of stuff on Ebay... but I remember measuring everything for you including the front sight hole spacing on my regular Contender 10" barrel. I do not feel you should get stuck with something you do not need. If you want, send it back via first class mail (cheapest) for your money back. If that hole-spacing doesn’t fit a standard Contender bolt-on front sight, then I will also refund all your shipping costs. If you like, send me a PM first with your thoughts and/or phone number. I would like to be able to talk to you directly rather than this emailing stuff. Regards … Hal
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

Let's not worry about it, Hal, I had no idea the hole spacing would be different on a 14" barrel, I could have asked you about the hole spacing if I had thought of it. I got 'er listed on ebay, if it doesn't go there I have a friend in Yuma who will take it. No heartburn at all here.
Hal
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hal »

I wouldn't of thought a 14" barrel was different unless it is an aftermarket barrel. Good luck ! keep in touch mite see you in Yuma... Hal
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

jnyork wrote:Let's not worry about it, Hal, I had no idea the hole spacing would be different on a 14" barrel, I could have asked you about the hole spacing if I had thought of it. I got 'er listed on ebay, if it doesn't go there I have a friend in Yuma who will take it. No heartburn at all here.
The spacing of the 10" barrel is about 1.5" right? What is the spacing of the 14" barrel?
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

lone ringer wrote:
jnyork wrote:Let's not worry about it, Hal, I had no idea the hole spacing would be different on a 14" barrel, I could have asked you about the hole spacing if I had thought of it. I got 'er listed on ebay, if it doesn't go there I have a friend in Yuma who will take it. No heartburn at all here.
The spacing of the 10" barrel is about 1.5" right? What is the spacing of the 14" barrel?
Near as I can measure without tearing the sight off again, 1.650". Holes in the sight are 1.50". It is not an aftermarket barrel.
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

Hal wrote:I keep in touch mite see you in Yuma... Hal
Sounds great.