Shooting plinking ammo

This is what we do.
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Shooting plinking ammo

Post by Koldkut »

Would there be any negative effects to shooting the cheapest wal-mart brand .22lr out of my CZ? I've kept it to all lead bullets of standard and subsonic varieties. I don't want to put anything down the barrel that will mess up the accuracy of the barrel.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

cheep ammo

Post by Jerry G »

You can shoot any 22 ammo in your gun without messing it up. You may find a lead ring forming near the chamber but it can be removed and you are good to go again. Just watch your 100 m groups which will tell you when it's time to clean the lead from your barrel. I think more 22 barrels are worn out from cleaning than from shooting. When you clean, clean from the bolt end and use a good guide for your rod. Keep the rod clean so you don't lap your barrel.
tulsatime
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tulsatime »

I shoot them all and have no problems. Federal Bulk pack seems to shoot awesome through my CZ's. Around an inch at 100 yards. Watch the fliers. They tend to throw things off. You will get about 1 in every 100.
Tulsatime
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day All
CCI Standard is another good one. It is larger in diameter than other brands but it shoots good in most guns. Sometimes it can be tight closing the bolt, especially in a match chamber. But the one ragged hole @ 50m makes up for that. Ive tried it in everything from a Anshutz 1807R and 1712FWT though to 4 brno/cz rifles from 1951 to current production and it shoots good in all. As me and my two daughters shoot and the club is only 400 yards away for practice the Australian $230 per case is very attractive.
Juddy