BGC - We may have a problem!

This is what we do.
Travelor
A Poster
A Poster

BGC - We may have a problem!

Post by Travelor »

Please go to the Benton Gun Club website, www.bentongunclub.org/. and read the link to the Saline County Quarum Court Ordinance that affects shooting ranges in Saline County effective IMMEDIATELY. WE ARE IN SALINE COUNTY.

Also, note the next Saline County Quorum Court meeting @ the Saline County Court House on August 15th @ 6:00 p.m. I plan on attending and believe we really need a large turnout. Here is a link to the location of the courthouse: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?se ... R&zipcode=

I will let those of us with much more savy in the Law interpret this. But I believe the section on rules, etc. effects us and may be a real problem.

George Toney
George

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Actually, we don't have a problem!

Post by GTS »

I am making this report on behalf of Chicken George, who has made contact with the powers that be, with regard to the above referenced ordinance. Chicken has made the appropriate inquiries to the appropriate persons and has found out the following according to the office of the County Judge and the JP that sponsored/wrote the ordinance:

1. The ordinance is intended to regulate the construction of new ranges. (An individual was planning on opening a gun range adjacent to a state highway, and apparently was too close to the residence of an attorney)
2. The ordinance in no way affects the Benton Gun Club.
3. The ordinance was written so that the Saline County Planning Board will have the authority to review and approve, or deny, applications to construct new gun ranges. This is a good thing.

Both the JP and the office of the County Judge had the same response, this ordinance is for new ranges, it doesn't impact the Benton Gun Club in the least.

What we don't need is to have a knee jerk reaction to something that very few of us have any solid information about. We don't need to flood the office of the County Judge or the JP, who by the way Chicken said was very friendly and helpful, with calls or letters or emails. Just calm down and take a breath. When and if something needs to be done, we'll take care of it. In the meantime, just relax and do some shooting.

Greg Sullivan
eeleater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by eeleater »

I would be very cautious about assuming this will not affect you. My local range had purchased land next to a number of adjacent ranges in existance for decades and constructed ranges (50 yard) for plinking. Guess what? It was held that these were new ranges, though the organization was not.

Unless you believe you will NEVER expand or add a range to land you own I would pay very close attention.
Travelor
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Travelor »

I truely appreciate George's calling the politicians concerning the range issue. But, trust a politician - NEVER.

This may have started to block a new range, but I just do not want to leave our future in their hands if at all possible. We have the premier range in Arkansas and I see that the current politicians, even if sincere, will change and this ordinance most assuredly can be used to close our range.

Just my paranoid $.02.

George Toney
George

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
iceman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by iceman »

I agree with Travelor, This is a foot in the door towards closing
gun ranges at will. That is how Sarah Brady, Hillary Clinton, Bill
Clinton, Charles Schumes and others got gun bans and other laws through congress. Sneak in under the cover of innocence! We
need to nip this in the bud before it spreads!

Iceman
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

Move to Louisiana. We have a Range Protection Act and can NEVER be shut down. We are close to residences and have no problem. Just be a good neighbor!
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop