dot reticle

This is what we do.
RUP
Unclassified Poster

dot reticle

Post by RUP »

I would like to have a dot installed in a Weaver 6-24V. Where can I get this done?

I've tried the 24x with the 1/2" dot and I think its a little to much power for me right now. Also the dot seemed to big to me but I was told the big dot is much better than a small one. New to the sport any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rup
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: dot reticle

Post by stsbuyer »

RUP wrote:I would like to have a dot installed in a Weaver 6-24V. Where can I get this done?

I've tried the 24x with the 1/2" dot and I think its a little to much power for me right now. Also the dot seemed to big to me but I was told the big dot is much better than a small one. New to the sport any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rup
Try this web site,

http://www.scopedot.com/

I emailed them a couple of months ago about putting a dot in two V16. I got a reply saying that yes they could do it and in fact he had a couple of v16 of his own. I think you would be happy with the 1/2 min dot at 24x, that is the same size that most that have a T24 use. My plan for the v16 was to put a 3/4 min dot in them. When Weaver offered a T16 a 3/4 dot is what they used.

Hope this helps, Paul
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

Danger, Danger, Danger.....

Dot size topics are lible to cause a wave in the pool....LOL (all in good fun of course)

I used to shoot the larger dots, and had been questioned by some CA, and WA shooters about shooting with that HUGE dot... I ended up getting in some Bushnells and I ordered them in with 1/4 MOA dots. When they came back from Bushnell, I thought there was a mistake, that's way too small...LOL. They were great about it and offered to replace for free, I thought I better take them out and shoot them before I change, heck I might like them... That is all I shoot now.

I have made this comparision before...

Large Dot = Volley Ball

Bullet = Orange

1/4 MOA dot = small orange

I used to feel like my bullet was "lost" behind the volleyball. Now if the dot is even "resting" ontop the target, it's a hit. I don't find myself searching for the dot, ever. Some folks with older eyes might...

Cluck Cluck

BTW> Go to the local match and "try before you buy"! That will give YOU the best input of all! Most like the larger dot, I would suggest 1/4 as a bare min.. Don't even waste time with the 1/8 or 1/16 MOA dots...
Image Chicken George