Another bolt handle

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Another bolt handle

Post by shakes »

[quote="Bob Mc Alice"]JB, you better sit down. I think I will be skipping the AZ HP this year in favor of going to the Missoula Iron Man again. Have not been there since 02.

Sounds like a good plan Bob. See you there :ymhug: :D . In my opinion one of the best matches to go to if you shoot both smallbore and highpower.
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Bob259 wrote:
So what are you trying to say Bob.... does this mean I shouldn't be waiting by my mail box? :-s =(( :((

Only if you are expecting a refund check from the IRS. Just sign it over to me and then I will send you my receiver plug.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Bob Mc Alice wrote:
Bob259 wrote:
So what are you trying to say Bob.... does this mean I shouldn't be waiting by my mail box? :-s =(( :((

Only if you are expecting a refund check from the IRS. Just sign it over to me and then I will send you my receiver plug.
That's easy this year... I OWE!!!!! :((

OK... The check is in the mail, you can ship tomorrow :D
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

259...you owe this year, wait til next year.....
Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Something I made long ago when I worked at the A-bomb plant in Golden. A 700 spring/firing pin removal tool. Something like the one Sinclair used to sell.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

So your doing G-job work at your G-job? Isn't that double dipping! :)) I've snapped a few taps as well. the best method i've found is a carbide ball EM. you can do it while its still in the machine and the grumpys in the office never know. #:-s
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

AD9....we coined the phrase G-JOB at that plant. I was there from 77 to 96 when they closed the doors for good. 10,000 people "worked" there at the high point of the Reagan build up years of the cold war. We had over 400 hourly paid steelworkers union machinists working 24/7 for over six years cranking out the "big boomers" :shock: Now dig this: we all had our hobbies and vices like guns, motor bikes, hot rods, boats...you name it. We all had the skills and state of the art machinery at our disposal to make anything or any replacement parts we needed. The stuff I have seen made out there was mind blowing. Well, we won the cold war. Operations ceased and they erased the place from the face of the earth. Too bad....that was the best job I ever had. I really miss that place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Flats_Plant
Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

McAlice, McAlice, you are never going to make a good politician by coming right out and telling the taxpayers that you bent them over from 77-96. Tell them that you enhanced your skills by crafting a few different things, thus making you a better employee, person and all around great guy.
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Jim Beckley wrote:McAlice, McAlice, you are never going to make a good politician by coming right out and telling the taxpayers that you bent them over from 77-96. Tell them that you enhanced your skills by crafting a few different things, thus making you a better employee, person and all around great guy.
Like it was a secret! At least he was doing something creative and constructive!
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

JB that was some of the finest BS I have ever heard...i'll be using it often. :D
Bob, I had a great job like that too. Could do anything I wanted, then I swithed to a better paying job but NO g-job work. X( I'm going out and getting my first piece of shop equipment this weekend so I can get back to making "stuff" for myself again. If I ever get anything usefull made I post it.
NRA Endowment Member
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Thank you, Thank you very much. Someone told me that I wouldn't learn anything from the Rose's!
Jim T.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Jim T. »

Looks like some G-Jobbers are having fun!!

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN111 ... arketsNews

BTW, John Kerry and Joe Biden said this would never work. Of course, you would have to consider the source: these guys have never invented anything but excuses.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Politicians and executives are rarely competent technicians.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Ain't it the truth, but they could get you to believe anything they wanted you to, prime example look at the current President!
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I never fell for him, or biden, and especialy kerry!
NRA Endowment Member