One gun at Nationals

This is what we do.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

ajj,

Can I borrow your gun at benton, for the friday fun shoot, will just have to tune it up a bit........

beat me at winnie, will just fix that......LMAO
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Home run

Post by jneihouse »

The Chickster stepped up to the plate, eyed the pitch, and hit the ball out of the park!!! Perfectly proving the point that the playing field is truely level, the Chickster out-shot himself and his custom rifle with a 250 dollar rig......Either that or he effectively proved that his Pharr custom just wont shoot with a CZ trainer and BSA scope..........One or the other.......I'm not sure which.........
Commander in Chief, F Troop
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

James, my offer was to the poor, the downtrodden, the LITTLE people...
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

ajj,

I lost 2 pounds that qualify for little.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

One gun at the nationals

Post by Innocent »

Dawg,
I lost eight so that means I have preference over you.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: One gun at the nationals

Post by stsbuyer »

Innocent wrote:Dawg,
I lost eight so that means I have preference over you.

Innocent
Dawg,

In 1999 I lost 135 pound in 9 moths, but then I got married again in 2000.

James, Can I use your trick 54-18 can I, can I!!!!

I don't need a 54-18 Hunter Rifle, I don't need a 54-18 Hunter Rifle, I don't need a 54-18 Hunter Rifle

Later, Paul
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Paul,

I think you qualify as downtrodden, ask ajj, his shoots better than mine, look at his winnie score. If not,sure, will make her our biker bride.

and you do need a 54-18, you do need a 54-18 now get to it.

Innocent,

Now it's all about preferance, you can have it after I tune it up for ajj.
Last edited by genphideaux on Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

This has been a great discussion, Chick I relate to what you said, seems like my boys always say their gun isnt on target so I pick it up and guess what, the steel goes a flyin, why cant i do that on command with my own gun? I think we should be proud if we have a nice gun and be proud of all new shooters willing to try the sport. I still consider myself a new shooter and have a nice gun, maybe not a complete custom but a nice one that will do the job. James C gave me some good advice on the phone one day. He said if you want a Pharr stock get one ordered but you might want to shoot your rifle the way it is and really plan your custom rifle after you find out more about how you shoot and what you would really want in a complete custom rifle. That is good advice. Most people just dont have the time or want to put in the effort to get good at any sport. We have become a lazy society. My boys came to me this last winter and wanted an Xbox video setup. I immediately went out and bought them 22 rifles instead.

kevin
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

I must say I've enjoyed this thread too. I find this sport to be fun. I do need to get out to more matches so I can see how much I'm improving on the scorecard. How many points should I give myself for a running whistlepig? Or how many points for a 1/2" headshot at 100 yards? All I know is that I've become a better shooter because of this sport and I love the comradere.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

You might want to hold off on that weight loss unless it's doctor prescribed, Mary. You're kind of a slight little thing already, and if you ever spot for me like you did last year at Pe Ell, I'd hate to look back and get all panicked because you turned sideways and I couldn't see you. :)
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

Wow, lot's of opinions! I looked behind me and found I have one too!

At some point I have to give up claiming to be a newbie (3 years shooting) but it's still fresh in my mind that this sport IS accessable for the new shooter! At my friend's insistence I went to the 2005 Nationals in Phoenix and placed in my class. I sat and talked with Master Class shooters, was treated with respect by everyone I met, watched while competitors repaired each others rifles, got my picture taken by Tony Tello, got advice from 25 year veterans. My registration was late in the mail and Greg Connor made sure I got to shoot and cleared the check later. It doesn't get any better than that!

I certainly didn't shoot on a level playing field with Troy Lawton or Augustin Sanchez but that's because their skills are better than mine but the playing field was as level as it is every going to be. The range was the same, the weather was the same and the targets are the same. The gun is the gun I bought and brought. If I had swapped guns with Mark Pharr or Dennis Dadian I still wouldn't have beat them because their better shooters.

The equipment race is endemic to every competition, auto racing, foot racing, bow shooting, you name it. I seem to remember an autoracing series in the 80s where all the cars were supposed to be exactly the same (was it IROC?) so that everything depended on driver skill. The only way to ensure the cars were the same was have an indpendent race company build and maintain them. I don't think we want to go to matches and be issued guns we don't own do we?

Let's leave the rules where they are. They are fairly simple, allow a broad range of guns and a broad range of people to participate. As a side effect they do encourage equipment developement, call it race if you want, and that is damn exciting.

dwl

Opinions are worth what they cost.
cwdgun
B Poster
B Poster

Equipment Race

Post by cwdgun »

I know with all most all of us that we did not start out with the best equipment, you started of with the basics and worked your way up to what you wanted and could afford. I tell you something which already ever one knows, You can have the best equipment in the world, But like Dawg told me you don't pratice you are not going to be but an average shooter. I been doing this for 16 years off and on and still not doing what I need to do. Starting to practice 2 times a week and have already noticed a change in my scores. If I had to compete with Troy, Cathy, Dawg and some of the best shooters I would have qiut the game a long time ago. That is why we have classifactions and some of the best people around to help any one that is just starting out in this sport. To me IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER THEN THIS. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE HEAT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN. That's my 2 cents for what it is worth.
jneihouse

New technology, how do the rules apply

Post by jneihouse »

These old guys broght out a couple of prototypes of a new silhouette rifle this year at Winnsboro. While both guns suffered "projectile dysfunction" with minor modifications this might be the next new wave to sweep our sport. Trouble is, are they legal andif so how do we classify them?

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a336/ ... echnology/
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

I have stayed out of this fracass too long! Actually, I just got back from Charleston, SC and had some wonderful She Crab soup! By the way, the heat index in Charleston last Tuesday at noon was 114!

Leave the fricken rules alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rule changes by a few disgruntled shooters that do NOT want to be on the cutting edge of technology have run more people off in this sport than equipment. I have been around for quite a while and was in the sport when the "chin" gun was taken out.

People need to lighten up and have fun. Forget all the BS about equipment and just have fun. If you want to have fun, go to PeEll, Jacksonville, Benton or Winnsboro. If you want serious BS and just shooting - go to the Nationals! It is not about the prizes that we give at the above mentioned matches - it is the food and libations and BS contests!! If I have offended anyone by not including their matches - I just have not been there. I can promise that Gator and Benny Griggs run fun matches and plan on attending next year.

Neihouse and Dawg - The "new" equipment that was in the photos from Winnie are actually prehistoric and may fall under the "obsolete equipment" rule! Besides, they have release triggers!

Duckgumbo
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
jneihouse

obsolete equipment

Post by jneihouse »

Obsolete equipment........You talking about the equipment or the shooters?? I keep trying to get a rise out of Kessey but he must be off taking a nap.:lol: Yeah, you got em on the release triggers.....But it sure was fun to watch.