WTB: ANS 1712

Want to buy or want to sell.
AK Rev
B Poster
B Poster

WTB: ANS 1712

Post by AK Rev »

Anyone thinking of selling their 1712? Would like to get one with a 2 stage trigger. If I can't find an interesting one for sale, I might order a barreled action and send it to Evelio if he is accepting work.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: WTB: ANS 1712

Post by BlauBear »

He's probably accepting work, but getting a stock may be problematic.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
AK Rev
B Poster
B Poster

Post by AK Rev »

We've emailed and he filled me in on the situation. At this point, I'll be looking for a complete rifle to shoot while the stock situation gets worked out.

I can certainly order a new rifle but I would like to see if anything is available here first. Looks like several have sold recently.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Sadly, I think there have been some distress sales on top of the usual turnover.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
AK Rev
B Poster
B Poster

Post by AK Rev »

I'm always sorry to hear about guys having a hard time and having to sell stuff under duress.

If I buy new, it would be nice to get the McMillan version from Champion's Choice but the website says they are sold out (I haven't called). Champ Shooters seems to have them per the website but with the wood stock. I live in Alaska so I would prefer a good synthetic at some point.

If the right used setup doesn't present itself, I will also need a T24 or FXIII.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

You have a PM.
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
AK Rev
B Poster
B Poster

Post by AK Rev »

Got a rifle from a forum member. Thanks!

Now I need to make a decision on a scope.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Weaver T24 is great value, Leupold FXIII/FX3 is a great scope. Either way you win.
AK Rev
B Poster
B Poster

Post by AK Rev »

Thanks BB. That was my thought as well. I'm going to start a separate topic on the airgun section related to this subject. I would like your input there as well.