A little help with the rules

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: A little help with the rules

Post by malinois »

I meant the Borchardts in Black Powder Cartrige Silhouette not cowboy....There were more than a few out in the fields but they never cought on because old ways die hard and the hunters of the day liked the rifles with the exposed hammer...sorry for the mix up...But for cowboy I personally like the lever guns but have no issue with the colt lightning rifle to bad they are not legal.
Notspart
Unclassified Poster

Post by Notspart »

Resurrecting my old post, I just thought that I'd let everyone know that I abandoned tilting at NRA's windmills and bought a Rossi 92 in .357. Just in time - our matches start in a month.

The Lightning is back on the mantle.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

kevinbear wrote:
The first time I watched the guys at my club shooting Cowboy lever action I thought, I cant wait untill they relax the rules enough so that we can use our AK's and MP-5's . Then I remembered they make you dress up in those little cowboy outfits and a guy would look silly dressed that way carrying a assault rifle.

I wrote to the NRA Silhouette chairperson about this very thing....the confusion when you tell someone you are shooting Cowboy Lever Action and even when you say Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette they still think it's SASS. My suggestion was to drop the word Cowboy from the class and simply go with Lever Action Silhouette. I guess they didn't like the idea because they never replyed.
ppkny