To our heros

This is what we do.
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

To our heros

Post by jneihouse »

Approaching the 4th of July holiday, Independence day, I invite our silhouette shooting community to join me in a raising of the glass in a toast to those past and present who have helped and are helping preserve the freedom that we enjoy in this country. To all the heros who have fallen in service to our country or have served and been fortunate enough to return home, thank you from the bottom of our heart. As is tradition at my place during times of war, we will leave an empty seat at the table of celebration in remembrance of all those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

On a related note, some antiwar protesters have taken to holding protests at the funerals of fallen soldiers. Recently a group showed up at the funeral of a marine killed in Iraq holding signs that read "Thank God for Dead Soldiers". The allusion being that God allowed the soldier to be killed so that they could support in some way their view on the war. To intrude on the grief of a family that has lost a loved one is totally unacceptable. No matter what a persons viewpoint on the war, we should not hate the warrior. Just my 2 cents worth.
Commander in Chief, F Troop
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Hear, hear, a glass is raised a seat sits empty but let us never forget those who have fallen and paid the ultimate price. To all I would remind that freedom is not free and that some have given thier all and some have given, but all gave of their hearts to see the values and life we hold so dear continue.

I would ask you to raise you glasses and simply remember, and say thank you, to all who have fallen, your struggle was not in vain, you may now rest, we will continue as we hope it will always be.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

John, the group I'm familiar with that demonstrates at the funerals of our Heroes is protesting homosexuality. In their view, God is punishing us for tolerating homosexuals.

Quite a paradox that these Troopers died defending the right of people to behave foolishly. Why would this "religious" group squander such an expensive gift?