2006 Missoula Regional Report

This is what we do.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

2006 Missoula Regional Report

Post by mordecai »

Wow. What a shoot. I'm pretty new to this, but I was impressed.
40+40 SB in the morning, 40+40 HP in the afternoon, Sat & Sun.
It was an absolute BLAST!

A tremendous thanks and congratulations goes out the guys at the Hellgate Civilians Shooters Association for sponsoring and putting on such a great match at a great location!!!

This is going to be a quick report and a few pics. I saw quite a few of the "usual suspects" as I'm getting to know the "repeat offenders" of this great sport. Sound off if you were there - it's tough putting names to faces and then to screen-names...

Eric Boos took the over-trophy for 255/320 shots.

Smallbore Range
Smallbore Firing Line 1
Smallbore Firing Line 2

High Power Range
High Power Firing Line 1
High Power Firing Line 2
High Power Firing Line 3
Last edited by mordecai on Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

how did you do!?!?!?
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

If Eric was top gun with 235, I'm guessing Mike was probably in the 225-230 range. Right, Mike? :lol:

Btw, you are killing me talking about high power silhouette all the time. If one of those Sako M995s in 6.5x55 like Dave has shows up on one of the gun auction sites, I'm gonna be in the doghouse for a while. Hell, I'd probably snatch up one in .270 Win, too. :)
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

I did pretty well. I took 1st in STD SB AA and 1st in HTR HP A as well as Match 8 (HTR HP A). They did not award, but I was 2nd in a few others IIRC.

Many thanks go to Dave Imas for the loaning of his equipment to lure another unsuspecting shooter into the game of High Power. I'm hooked.
ImageImage
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Missoula

Post by dwl »

You took 1st in SB! I took 1st in SB! That is until I pointed out that their mistake in classifying my as AA. If you hadn't turned out to be a nice guy Mord I might have overlooked that error.

Missoula was really nice. Anyone who hasn't been there ought to give it a shot. The range is beautiful, the match was well run and the steaks were enough to hibernate on. The apple pie was superb. I haven't had such good food since the last time I left Utah.

Now if we could just get the club to move that match to the 2nd week end in June we'd catch everyone on the way home from Winny.

My thanks to Terry Kein, Jim(?) Olivarez, the Cassidys, all those nice folks who all helped get Chuck's gun re-adjusted and the ones who in their infinite hospitality offered whiskey and beer to a stranger with a gun.

dwl