Leaper Scope

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Leaper Scope

Post by ppkny »

Does anyone have any experience with Leaper brand scopes for air rifles? What power for silhouette and models.
Thanks, ppkny
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

ppkny- It all depends a lot on the scope and type of air rifle your putting the scope on.

I know your looking at the spring gun route from your other posts. That being as it may your going to need to make sure the scope is capable of handling high power springer air rifles. The main problem I have found with all the airgun scopes out today is that many are mil dots which works well for airguns and hunting but is dizzying to use offhand for sils.

Had the same issue with the TX I just got. Unfortunetly the only scope I am aware of that will hold up on this rifle and has a target dot with 24x magnification is a Bushy 4200 Elite. At the moment I have a extra cheapie BSA 4-16x mildot on it for plinking. The cheaper scopes seem to serve well on recoiless PCP and SSP rifles. The Leapers brand is most likely jst like the rest all made at the same place with different caps somplace in China. Sometimes you get a decent one and sometimes you don't.

I shot all my rifles air and SB at 24x with the exception of my 10m air rifle which is SSP so no recoil. I have a Barska 6.5x20x50 with a target dot mounted on it and it gets dialed around a lot on that rifle and repeats just fine for over a year now. It was used on a 22 RF as well for a few before its new home. This scope sells for $40 and has worked so well for me I am thinking about getting the 8-32x with a dot for my PCP rifle it is only $66.

Now will these same Barska hold up on a spring gun? Not likely IMO and I am not going to even try. Look at Hawke and Bushnell brands that are springer rated. Only problem is like I said hard to find much over 15x much less with a target dot, that will survive the rifle out there to choose from.

:lol: My SB rifle is the same cost as the scope I use on it. My 10m rifle cost 20 times more than the scope it uses :roll: but it works.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

scope

Post by ppkny »

Dee, thanks you're the second person that likes Barska. Hopefully they stand up to a springer recoil.