Got a 10 point this weekend

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Krasmussen
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Krasmussen »

Just out of curiosity...who was your spotter??? That is a nice buck! Congrats,
Kolby
Kolby Rasmussen

Just shoot!!
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Are those rope burns on his front legs? :shock:

Nice buck chick
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

Busted at 12ft?! Those kind of places the deer come up to you to see if you got something to eat!!

Congrats anyways, Chicken, no matter how you count 'em.
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

dwl wrote:Busted at 12ft?! Those kind of places the deer come up to you to see if you got something to eat!!

Congrats anyways, Chicken, no matter how you count 'em.
"Congrats anyway".. LOL

It was 12 yards... not feet... MUCH farther shot!

I hunt a 8,000 acre 'timber company' lease... Killed him on 'gunpowder mountain' to be exact... No high fence, close to national forest.. 100% free ranging. Scouted with a topo map / google earth... went and verfied location, found a rub / scrape line that he was keeping fresh, sliped back in and set up a climber.. killed him opening day... only food for miles was provided by God... can't pull them off the white oaks this time of year anyway... Did harvest a mgt doe off a feeder location the following morning. Anyway, one of those 'met him on his terms' type thing, proud to call him mine.

Kolby- Spotta - well I didn't make the best shot, but I hit exactlky where I was aiming... fel lucky to get that ... I could hear Kitty now... "Ok Chicken, the wind is straight away now, now he's running, steady... follow him, follow him...now take the shot...." Could not have done it w/o him...

Seriously, this is another animal I 'owe' to our pass-time of silhouette... with out the thousands of rounds we shoot each year, and the fact that the rifle is like an extention of us, there would have been no way I made this shot... Busted, running buck...slows down to get through thicket.... Kinda like a shoot off... heart rate is elevated... breath in through nose, deep breath, out through mouth... by the time the shot came, all was calm... sub-conscious mind had taken over... everything had been broken down to the mili second.....all there is to do now is sit back and enjoy the show.... Was a real good one, wish you were there!

Thanks,

Chicken
Image Chicken George
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

Chicken

Apologies extended for the
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor