How many min's of windage for Ike?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Pete A.
A Poster
A Poster

How many min's of windage for Ike?

Post by Pete A. »

We got Ike bearing down on the Bayou City. Got our jug of water & can Spam so we're set for preparation.

My sons & I were putting up boards and preparing for the impending storm this afternoon. Of course cracking jokes and such, Thomas throws out 'how many clicks of windage for a hurricane?" . I'm asking if I can't stand up in the strom why try to even figure out this issue. Samuel states that since he is shortest he won't get blown over first, thus it matters

Well that brought up a whole different argument/debate, which would blow over first? Chickens, pigs, turkeys or rams. This debate went on for a while with me (dad) thinking the Rams go down last since at our range (Bayou Rifles) the Rams are farthest north thus will have far greater time before it felt the hurricane versus the up close chickens. Thomas says it has to be the turkeys cause even the wind can't knock down 10 turkeys straight. Samuel says pigs are fatter so weigh more and thus stand longest. (any volunteers to prove who is right, please call us from the range very very early Sat morning with results!)

These obviously are grave and important issues to decide. Heck of a lot more fun to debate this than listen to 'storm tracker' on TV.

Pete A. (on hurrication)
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

You boys better be hightailin' it out of there instead arguing about targets standing up in the wind. I do believe that Ike's going to bat cleanup and might do a fair bit better job than the other ones did. Don't be there when he steps up to the plate and starts swinging for the fences.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Amen to that! Don't stick around to find out how bad it really is - Mama Nature doesn't care about your courage.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Take film and high tail it... on the amimals the turkeys and Rams will fall the fastest
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Come on guys, no guts? Get a kayak and paddle out to do some surfing...
LOL

Affirmative on the animals, turkeys and rams first, followed by chickens then pigs. Windage amount depending on how tight your hold and actual wind speed.
Now get the hell out.

Innocent Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

I've got your answer! At least for the windage adjustments.

Post by Ghostofwar »

I've got your answer! At least for the windage adjustments.

I tried to copy and paste the ballistic chart I made, but it didn't work... You would need to dial in 167 clicks at full value for 100 mph winds at 100 yards. Thats just under 42 inches. At 50 its a mere 11 inches and 88 clicks. As for which animal would fall first, I say the Rams. I have seen them go over in a gust of wind before.
Pete A.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete A. »

We are far far beyond any chance of storm surge. We are not evacuating as we are 80+/- miles from the coast. We've got food, water, generator, boarded up and ready to go. We are not in any flood plain so that is not the concern.

We have a large extend family in the Houston to Corpus Christi region so have many ways to go if damage is too great. But the Texas Departement of Public Safety does not recommedn evacuation for most of the area. Too many people on the road is more dangerous (remember the horrible Rite evacuation!).

It won't be fun however if you guys who live in the hurricane areas know; "run from the water, hide from the wind". I do have concern for some of our fellow shooters done at PSC (Pearland Shooting Center) who live closer to the coast but I bet they all are taking the proper percautions.

We will post as soon after the storm to let you know how all is.

Further note Samuel (12 year old) pointed out that since the winds on the Bayou Rifles Eldridge range will be coming from the ENE that it would be the Rams first.

Pete A.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Pete,
Hunker down and good luck, I'm not in any flood plain either, but will show you pictures of waht 32.76 inches of rain in just over 60 hours can do.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.