new or revised hunter class

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...

after reading the post, what would you like to see happen

have a new class formed with the same rules as the hunter class had 10 years ago,
11%
change the current hunter class rules back to what they were 10 years ago
9%
no change at all
80%

Total votes: 35

sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

And Marv, Evelio just spells like he talks.........
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

rules

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Hey, Steve, you are not picking on me, are you ??? Look at Marvin, he miss spelled my name but I will let him get by.
As far as the 54.18, that is probably the only gun out of the box that is competitive in Std. rifle. All other guns in that class have been re-barreled, bloop tubes and weights added to the fore end, and several other modifications done.
I don't have any problem with the existing NRA rules for either class, but in the hunter class, the first rifle out of the box that could compete with the 1700 series Anchutz, was the NS 522, now no longer available, and resently the CZ.
In high power, it was pretty much the same story, everybody was shooting a Rem. 700 varminter in 308 or 7-08 or highly customized rifles ( Fajen, King,Ward, or SH stocks ) in the Std. class. When the new hunter class was started, there was not a single rifle out of the box that could shoot a 1 min. group at 300 meters after 4 or 5 shots, it was just a waste of good ammo, so the evolution started to create a rifle that was capable of shooting under 1/2 min. group at all distances. Now I will say that Tika, Steyr, and Savage have come up with some rifles that are pretty competitive out of the box with the right loads.
But the point, I am trying to make, is that any competitor out there will try to improve their equipment, little by little, until they fill comfortable enought to be able to realise that the equipment can no longer be blamed for the owners performance, so they just have to practice more, and concentrate on their abilities to improve on their own performance.
I THINK THAT THE EXISTING RULES ARE JUST FINE THE WAY THEY ARE, NO CHANGES ARE REQUIRED. Now as far as how the NRA conducts the National Match, that is a different story, and changes definetly are needed.
Evelio.
Evelio