Better Brass

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Better Brass

Post by shakes »

Why do alot of people use the more expensive Lapua or Norma brass rather than remington or winchester? Is it because of the quality of the brass and being able to get more loads from the higher quality stuff. Another question, I noticed Lapua doesnt make brass for the .260 but they do make it for the .243. can you press the 6.5mm bullet in the 6mm neck and not have to many problems. Thanks a bunch for all your input to help get a smallbore shooter into highpower. Matt
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

lapua brass

Post by Jim Beckley »

You are correct on the better brass lasting longer. Yes you can neck up the Lapua .243 brass to .260. I think I had 200 rds. of Lapua brass that I necked up for the .260 with my last barrel, that lasted the life of the barrel. I was using the Lapua brass for C,P,T but my R load ate up the Lapua brass with the powder that I was using (N150), so I tried Rem brass for it and it worked, however I think I went through 50 cases and then bought 50 more. With the more expensive brass, it is fairly uniform, no need to work the necks (if you choose not to) and the flash hole is closer to center than Rem or Win. brass, just my 2 cents.