Thanks to the entire WGC

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Thanks to the entire WGC

Post by Innocent »

David, Jerry, Robin, Robert, Donna, Ryan and all the other Winnsboro Gun Club members that made this a banner year for the Southern Nationals, and especially David for ordering such lovely weather.

A great Big Thanks.

Mary and Coates
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

We also wish to thank everyone at Winnsboro Gun Club for such a great match. The Southern Nationals is a very unique event. The target setters are the fastest and best setters in the world. Thanks to the target setters and the efficiency of WGC we pulled into our driveway at 11:30 P.M. Sunday night. We shot 6 days at WGC from the monthly approved match on Sunday afternoon June 1 to Sunday afternoon June 8 shootoffs firing 641 pellets and .22 rounds in competition. This was the first time we shot both the Air Rifle and Smallbore events and I highly reccomend doing both. Thanks also goes to the folks who ran the statisitics and match commands for Air Rifle.

Mary, give me credit for the weather. This year we came in a four-wheel drive so that it would not rain and brought a fan(usually forget the fan) so the wind would not stop blowing.

See everyone next June, cannot get vacation time for any other major 2008 matches.

Bobby R. Huddleston
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Yes thanks to all the WGC. Talk about a well run smooth flowing match. Our last airgun match locally took longer than each match and there were only 5 of us using resetables no less!

I had heard this was the match to go to and wholly crap its actually just up the road from me a few hours in my own state :shock:

Everything was great. Ultimately you just have to be there to understand I think. You old timers out there are used to seeing the high level of shooting on display but it was really a treat to sit back and watch the Master Class shooters making it look easy :roll:

So thanks to any and all that had a part in the festivities your hard work and effort was truly appreciated by everyone.

As for the heat that wasn't to bad. Come on down at the end of July and we'll go surf fishing in Grand Isle :lol: Now thats HOT!

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

It was a great weekend. Dee, you're welcome to the loaner, sorry it was a lefty. You did very well with it.

Thanks to the WGC and others who worked so hard to put this on. We had fun. The kid slept all the way home and had the temerity to complain that she was tired......
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

My "little" son did not sleep on the way home and actually helped me unload and clean equipment last night but for some reason he did not practice air rifle today as usual. I just told him his cylinders were full if he wanted to shoot air rifle tomorrow but he grunted something like "too much of a good thing can be too much"?

I hope everyone arrived home safely.

Bobby R. Huddleston
MLG
Unclassified Poster

Southern Nationals

Post by MLG »

Special thanks to Dave and all his staff and help for a great match. Having gone to many large matches and this being my first Southern National, you guys know how to run one great match on all levels. Looking forward to next year. Thanks again.

The New Jersey Boys
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Thanks to all the WGC it was as promised bigger and better than the last and the next will top that. The P.T. Barnum(Ducky) and Bailey(Jerry B.) circus of silhouette.

I almost teared up when the big top came down.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Dawg,
Don't tear up too bad man...next year will be even better, I'll see if I can teach PS how to pull off some pranks without getting caught redhanded.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Innocent wrote:Dawg,
Don't tear up too bad man...next year will be even better, I'll see if I can teach PS how to pull off some pranks without getting caught redhanded.

Innocent
All Nasty Nick and I talked about on the way home monday was how fast it all went by. Just when you think you have seen it all, there's something new.

PS,

I heard about your gig, would have been the legend stunt for 2008. Let me know next year if you need a distraction.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

From F Troop Command Center........."Whoooooo Nelllie"

David and al, too many to thank, thank.......had a great time......have booked my reservations for next year already and will bring the F Troop Kitty Cam" again........Man, if didn't have a good time it was your fault.....

Commander Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
chardonnay
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chardonnay »

Only problem I have with Southern Nationals is when it is over and I have to wait a whole year for it to happen again. I was blown away the first year I went and it just keeps getting better. Thanks to all at the Winnsboro gun club for the hard work and the wonderful time.