Texans:

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Texans:

Post by atomicbrh »

Texans: I know you folks are shooting more Air Rifle Silhouette matches than those posted in the NRA magazine USA Shooting Sports. We want to fit in a road trip to shoot a monthly match with you this summer while school is out. Could you e-mail me or post a reply with schedules and information about your Air Rifle Matches?

Thanks,
Bobby R. Huddleston
E-mail Address: atomicbrh@hotmail.com
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

air rifle? we don't shoot no stinkin air rifle.................

4th Saturday of every month after smallbore at PSC officially Larry Engle match director
unofficially, 2nd Saturday of every month after smallbore at BRI Greg Guenburr match director <he's taking a summer break, but we do it without him>
sometimes 3rd Sunday of every month after smallbore for those who don't shoot lever action at BRI whoever loses the draw, match director.

if you want to gather, email one of us, we'll be more than happy to gather the kids and go shoot. We are talking about some 3-p smallbore matches this summer and having a slew of 4-h kids do some silhouette stuff.

State Air Rifle match in Fort worth in December.

Don't you need to buy some more airguns? :D
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Mr. Steiger: I have never met a quality Air Rifle that was "stinkin". Although our Anschutz 2025 does have a unusual smell to it that is very pleasant. I will not hesitate to buy more Air Rifles when I have more money. Our first priority is to purchase another higher quality scope to put on the 2025 (which now has a T24 riding on it) when we get the funds. We have gotten really addicted to the Leupold EFR for Air Rifle. I will be trying to wrestle some more leave from work for the summer to come visit and shoot.

Baton Rouge, LA. has started Air Pistol and Air Rifle NRA matches on the second Saturday of the month. Air matches are really starting to thrive and that is a good thing.

Thanks for the information.

Bobby R. Huddleston
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

The smell on the 2025 must be from the "chicken coop" :lol:

I just kill myself sometimes.

Where in Baton Rouge is your club?

I like the T24's. They're nice scopes. I've got a couple. The 4200's are nice, too, although I prefer the Leupolds, I just can't find anyone to buy them for me..... The 30X is the lightest thing out there at 14.4 ounces. I understand they'll move the focus so you can use them at airgun distances.

I wanna try the HP game. I've got a gun, I just never have the days off to go.

I'm thinkin were gonna have the 4-H club kids in June/July. Should be a good time. I'll keep you posted. See ya at Winni!!!!!!!
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Even 1/2 inch thick Chickens do not like that 2025, our first Open Air Rifle. Baton Rouge is a three hour drive one way for us. Dee on this forum has the information for that range. The Baton Rouge range was not on the Steel Chickens Match map and I do not have directions yet. We usually camp out Friday night at the KOA Campground in Denham Springs, a "suburb" of Baton Rouge because it is too far to drive on Saturday morning and act human at the matches. We have not shot Baton Rouge Air yet because we hold matches at Jackson, MS. on the same Saturday of the month. On the months we do not shoot at our range we plan on supporting the new Baton Rouge Air range. For years we shot Jerry Tureau's Smallbore match at Gonzales on the fourth Saturday of the month before Joel got busy with High School sports and academics. Bruce Finley, Joel and I got Jerry Tureau hooked on the Air Rifles at the Jackson Match last month. I do not think it will be long before he also holds Air Rifle along with Smallbore just south of Baton Rouge in Gonzales. It is just one more check mark on the green NRA form. The Gonzales Match is at the Sheriff's Department range and small but very nice and well kept.

Jerry's monthly match is one of those "must make during your shooting career" monthly matches. It is a unique monthly match run in a relaxed atmosphere allowing competitors to shoot very good scores becuase there is just no match pressure there. I hate we did not have time to make one of those matches during 2007.

Bobby R. Huddleston
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

atomicbrh wrote:
Jerry's monthly match is one of those "must make during your shooting career" monthly matches. It is a unique monthly match run in a relaxed atmosphere allowing competitors to shoot very good scores becuase there is just no match pressure there. I hate we did not have time to make one of those matches during 2007.

Bobby R. Huddleston

NOW you tell me this Atomicbrh! Here I went and spent money going to Jacksonville thinking I could actually shoot half decent for a newbie to SB sils. Your not kidding about the difference in match pressure compared to what I am getting over from Fl this weekend. It is fun though and I know I just need to experience a few to get a feel for how things are so different. But your right and I had better be careful I could end up AAA shooting in Gonzales then have to shoot it everywhere :shock: Nailed me this time for sure :lol:

As for our matches your correct it is the 2nd weekend of the month and we are charging $5 flat for all the matches you want to compete in not per gun. Pistol will be another $5 for the two classes any sight standing and open sight only standing. I realize we are just getting going an trying to get some shooters but perhaps we could have a match shoot between all the clubs at some point in the future.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

Bobby,

You need to watch out for Steiger! He should be posting in Behind the Berm!

Hey Pat, see you in Winnie and good luck!
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

You need to watch out for Steiger!
Ducky, Steiger ain't too bad for a fly boy in rut.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

Yeah and at least he gives Fenton a run for his money in the SB category!
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

For the Southern Nationals we usually show up early on Friday morning, intrude on someone else's shade and just shoot Smallbore. We are planning on showing up on Wednesday this time since there are only three more Southern Nationals to go and my little son is addicted to the Air Rifle now. We might even bring a canopy and a bunch of stuff like everbody else.

Do not forget your fans and extension chords this year for Winnsboro. I need to be practicing more after work but it is just too hot.

Dee, if you can bring me a map of how to get to the new Air Silhouette range in Baton Rouge, I would apreciate it.

I like the idea of a Mini Air Trifecta between Baton Rouge, Jackson and Winnsboro Clubs but I have a hard time getting range time at Jackson. I need to try to get a date way in advance.

Bobby R. Huddleston
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by duckgumbo »

Bobby,

Don't talk about me being bored! You have been overtaxing you brain! A mini-trifecta in air rifle? Great and a cool idea. We will support it. I suggest that you email me and we can talk about some ideas.
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop