What to expect at Jacksonville

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
eeleater
B Poster
B Poster

What to expect at Jacksonville

Post by eeleater »

I will be going to Jacksonville for the first time this year, and would like to know what to expect. Anyone know the average temperature for that time of year? What are to odds of rain- or wind? Is there a place to put up shelters as occurs in Winnsboro- and if so, how helpful are they to have there? Are there plenty of benches for sighting in?

Anything I ought to be thinking about I have not asked about?

Any information will be appreciated.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

eeleater, I haven't been to Jacksonville but if I was headed in that area I would check out Neihouse's post on Sunshine Classic and follow everything to the letter!
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

JB,
What make you think Kitty is the gospel authority on weather????? Jacksonville is really south Georgia, but honestly in Florida if you don't like the weather wait five minutes, it'll change. Actually at that time of year it can be anywhere from cold (if a cold front comes through) around freezing to a warm low 90's. Wind and rain can occur, but remember if you do not have what you need, the Chinese communist distribution center is close to the range.

As for weather cover...plenty of that, benches to shoot from yes there are plenty of those. Helpful...hell we are still part of the South.....bring a good appetite, as the Chefs will be working hard.

Look forward to seeing you.

Innocent Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Mary, I was leaning more toward calling the big boys, Bubba and Gomer and flirting with their girlfreinds, not about the weather!
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

JB,
Flirting with girlfriends...ain't my bag so I don't have to worry about that. As for calling some of the store clerks Bubba or Gomer...well around this part of the country a lot of the stores are being run by the same group that hae been running some of the motels...they probably wouldn't understand what you are saying anyway.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

I understand! A buddy of mine and his son were Deer hunting in southern AZ and decided to get a motel insead of driving all the way back home, they stopped in a flea ridden joint, got a room and then couldn't find the light switch. The middle eastern gentleman who ran the place came down and said "It's easy", he stuck his hand on the bulb and screwed it down, the light came on, he unscrewed the bulb the light went off, it was that simple!
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

If I remember correctly... there are a few things expected of Northern/Left Coast participants as well... first and foremost there was something about presenting the Match Director with an excellently aged bottle of spirits as a sign of respect. I'm sure some folks will be better able to articulate the long heritage of the custom and how worthy Mr. Deason is of this homage.