Evelio's master work

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Evelio's master work

Post by Bob259 »

Well Evelio wanted me to post some pictures of his latest masterpiece and I'm sure Kitty will be crying and drooling all over his key board again after seeing these. Sorry Kitty you missed capturing the truck :wink:

Can't wait for the weather to break to try it out, but first I have to load some ammo, which should be an experience :?

Note: Evelio can explain but the only thing I think, know now, we would have done differently (which I'm still considering) is ordered a Lilja barrel instead of the Krieger. Krieger barrels, which they don't tell you on their site, adds dimension to their barrels if you request them fluted and the bottom of the flutes are at the contour you requested, unlike other manufactures whose contour is as stated and the flutes are then milled, thus reducing the over all weight. While Evelio was able to still make it meet weight, this caused us some problems and concerns in first meeting the weight for Hunter class. I think with a Lilja barrel we would have been golden and it would have balanced a little better.
Last edited by Bob259 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Very nice. You need to bling up those rings a big, though. I think shiny silver would be just fine. Kind of a shame to have those rings on such a blingy rifle and scope. :)
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Good looking rifle Bob
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

I NEED, not want understand, NEED that scope....

Looks great.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Can't you get those anodized fade scopes from Leupold still?
Troy G
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Troy G »

Bob,

What caliber?

What barrel profile or contour?

What barrel length?

Nice rifle.
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

EVELIO'S

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Bob
That is an awsome looking scope, I hate to think how much you have invested in the scope, I know about the rifle, you better get a good safe to keep that baby in.
I bet that Kitty is revolving in that kitty litter just thinking how he can out do you.
Let me know how it shoots, we have some pretty good loads for it.
Enjoy it.
Evelio.
Evelio
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Troy G wrote:Bob,

What caliber ?

What barrel profile or contour?

What barrel length?

Nice rifle.
6.5x47 Lapua
# 5 Contour
I think it ended up around 24"
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: EVELIO'S

Post by Bob259 »

Evelio Mc Donald wrote:Bob
That is an awsome looking scope, I hate to think how much you have invested in the scope, I know about the rifle, you better get a good safe to keep that baby in.
I bet that Kitty is revolving in that kitty litter just thinking how he can out do you.
Let me know how it shoots, we have some pretty good loads for it.
Enjoy it.
Evelio.
LOL.... Now you did it Evelio... How do I get these pictures out of my mind of Kitty revolving around in the Kitty litter :shock:

From the PM's I've gotten, I'm thinking we will be seeing more of these scopes :wink: It's hard to stay ahead of Kitty in 'Bling' and he has lots of time to think up new ideas now so we will have to be on our toes.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Now's the time to get ahead of Kitty if you're going to. He should be pretty dang busy with tax season in full swing. Of course, at the end of it he'll have the time and lots of tax-preparin' money to catch right up. :lol:
Gringo Grizzly
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Gringo Grizzly »

What a beauty!
Normally, I'd agree with the old Mr W - "only accurate rifles are interesting" - but in this case I'm convertin'.
Gringo
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

NEW RIFLE

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Hey Gringo, the gun is actually extremely acurate, it shot two groups about 3/8" at 100 yds. and another group under 1" with 3 shots in one ragged hole, and two below at 200 yds. Did not get the chance to shoot it 500, but I be willing to bet, it will shoot 1/2 minute with the right pills.
Saludos Evelio.
Evelio