Need help with 504 Rem. firing pin

This is what we do.
fabcraft
Unclassified Poster

Need help with 504 Rem. firing pin

Post by fabcraft »

I have a 504 Remington 22 that I've used for Silhouette for years.
I broke the firing pin a few days ago.
I have searched everywhere from east coast to west coast including Rem arms who directed me to a bunch of dealers who should have had some, but no luck.
Many places still have them listed on their sights but when you call they have non in stock.
Mine has some small pieces missing out of the broken section so I can't get a good fit to tig weld back together, or even use for making the pattern.
I can't get the angles and lengths correct to fit back into the bolt housing.
Is anyone out there that may have a 504 willing to let me borrow their firing pin long enough to draw it up on CAD so I can cut some out on the water jet?
When I get the new ones cut I would supply whoever has one with a couple spares for them at no cost.
I would pay shipping both ways to and from Montana. I only need it for a day to draw on CAD.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike Cassidy
406-240-5591
mike@fabcraft.com
Bwana John
Unclassified Poster

Re: Need help with 504 Rem. firing pin

Post by Bwana John »

Hello,
I also had a REM 504 firing pin break (and had the bolt handle knob attachment set screw strip)
Sorry, I don’t remember where I got the new replacement (Remington?) and sold the rifle but I just saw the broken pin in my gear cache, if it would help you at all you are welcome to it.
John
"On Safari"
fabcraft
Unclassified Poster

Re: Need help with 504 Rem. firing pin

Post by fabcraft »

John,
I think I have it worked out.
It took some time in CAD but I have the first one proto-typed out of SST and it worked with a little touch up work.
I'm in the process of making version 2 right now.
If this one works as I think it will, I will cut some out of tool steel and heat treat and temper.
If I run into problems I will contact you and buy that old one from you if you're willing to part with it.
Thanks for responding.
Take care.
Mike