Javier Garcia has left the range.

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Javier Garcia has left the range.

Post by acorneau »

Sad to report that Javier Alejandro Garcia of San Antonio died last month. He was known here as "CoolArrowMarksman".

I got to meet Javier at last year's Texas HP Silhouette championship and corresponded with him a bit on various silhouette-related items over the past year or so. I know he was also involved with service rifle competitions through the CMP.

I'm saddened that I did not get to know him better.

Adios Javier.

Found on his Facebook page...
On January 17th, 2024, Javier Garcia went to be with the Lord at the age of 38.

Javier was born to Hector and Mary Louise Garcia on November 21, 1985, in San Antonio, TX. Javier's life was one of dedicated service to his family and the community, where he worked as a registered behavioral therapist. Javier attended the International School of the Americas High School, where he was involved in the PALs program and Model UN, as well as the Robert E. Lee High School choir. He then attended Texas A&M University at Corpus Christi, where he received his first bachelor's degree in Communications in Journalism. Subsequently, he went on to attend Utah State University, where he earned his second bachelor's degree in Communication Disorders and Deaf Education. Javier wanted to be a leader in his chosen field of Behavior Therapy and work with autistic children and teens. He chose to return to school and earned a Master's degree in Special Education - Applied Behavior Analysis from Arizona State University in December 2023.

Javier was passionate about the sports he chose. He achieved a first-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do at the Korea America Taekwondo Academy in 2000. Javier went on to win the bronze medal in the U.S. Open in Tae Kwon Do in Las Vegas in 2001. Additionally, he was a founding member of the Cool Arrows Marksmanship Team. In July 2023, Javier participated in a national shooting competition with the Civilian Marksmanship Program at Camp Perry in Columbus, Ohio, where he was awarded the Distinguished Rifleman badge.

Along with Javier’s appetite for continuous learning, he was the ultimate champion to those he loved. Once Javier decided he wanted to be your friend, there was nothing that could stop him.

He would stay up late studying with you to ensure you passed your test, drag you to family functions because he didn’t want you to be alone on the holidays, and show up at birthday parties as the ultimate cool uncle or cousin. He was also up for pet sitting, game nights, UFC fights, or volunteering his time for phone banking with community action groups and campaigns.

Javier is survived by his parents, Hector and Mary Louise; sister, Marcella Espindola and Santos Rodriguez; nephew, Daniel Antonio Morin; niece, Liliana Renee Espindola; and numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Visitation will be held at Funeraria del Angel Trevino, 226 Cupples Rd, San Antonio, TX 78237 on February 16th, beginning at 4:30pm, followed by a Rosary service at 7:00pm. The funeral Mass will be held on February 17th at 10:00am at St. Ann Catholic Church, 210 St Ann St, San Antonio, TX 78201, followed by a reception. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made in the name of Javier Alejandro Garcia to ARC of San Antonio at www.arc-sa.org and Respite Care of San Antonio at www.RespiteCareSA.org
Allen Corneau
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Javier Garcia has left the range.

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

Far too soon.
I have a son that is 38. I can only imagine the devastation on the lives of family and friends.
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

Yes, very nice guy who shot several matches the last couple of years at CTSA.

Thanks for posting Allen.
chickenhater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by chickenhater »

So young, so very sad. My condolences to his family.