RCBS Chargemaster Supreme

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

RCBS Chargemaster Supreme

Post by JohnHenry »

I have an RCBS Chargemaster Supreme that's been in use for about 1 1/2 Years. Recently, there has been a problem in that the measure was dispensing widely varying weights of powder.

I called RCBS and they were really helpful. After going through the calibration steps three times, the tech said to use a clothes dryer anti-static cloth and wipe the entire unit including the powder pan. After doing this and recalibrating the measure once again, the unit is dispensing accurate charges. He said static charges can play havoc with these powder measures, and I imagine it can affect all electronic measures as well.

I thought some members might be interested in this fix. I plan to use the dryer cloth regularly to maintain the unit.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: RCBS Chargemaster Supreme

Post by acorneau »

Interesting.

Thanks for the information.
Allen Corneau
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

I've experienced this in the past as well! I've made wiping it down with a dryer sheet part of my start-up/put away process. Haven't had a problem since!
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Did RCBS say anything about using them only with new LED lighting in vicinity.Old incandescent is supposed to cause some problems.
Any particular brand of dryer sheets?
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

I use any brand of dryer sheet that I have on hand. They all seem to work regardless of the brand. LED lights seems to help some. A solid bench works best. The McDonald's drink straw trick works well.
chickenhater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by chickenhater »

Good to know. I haven't had this issue with my old chargemaster, but when it crops up I'll know what to do, thanks for the info.
My chargemaster meters RL15 and HP-38 great, but 4831sc clumps together sometimes. So I tried the straw trick, but apparently the older units have larger dispenser tubes, the McDonalds straw is too small, just falls out. Any suggestions?