One last hurrah? Maybe?

This is what we do.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

One last hurrah? Maybe?

Post by OnaginOffagin »

I retired from rifle silhouette when my 80th birthday came around and my AAA hold went south.... But I recently won three dinky local medallions shooting Airgun Field Target (shooting off a bucket over crossed sticks) with my beautiful AA TX200, and I'll be darned if some ancient juices didn't start to flow ... I also read some training tips from Dustin Flint which even increased the flow. Ol Flint is a pretty darn good writer.... darn it. The net result is my two top flight air rifles reside in the kitchen, and I'm shooting offhand at dots on my indoor range.....

I might wander back on the line next year. Nobody has said I must keep score, huh?
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: One last hurrah? Maybe?

Post by cedestech »

As long as you are having fun, who cares what your score looks like. :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

The more I shoot my beautiful Air Arms TX200 air rifle on my reactive spinner target... all offhand on my indoor airgun range... the more I think I should come back and shoot .22 rifle silhouette again. Durn, but we're easily self-deluded as we age!

Of course, if I don't keep score, and I don't turn in score cards, as cedestech above says, what I have I to fear?
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
chickenhater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by chickenhater »

I say go for it. You won't find a nicer group of people to hang out with than the silhouette crowd.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

This just showed up in my inbox..... I would shoot this with my 80 plus year old body!

https://nassasilhouette.org/benchrest-f ... uC6Zw8obfI
Hawkeye7br
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hawkeye7br »

OnaginOffagin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:58 pm This just showed up in my inbox..... I would shoot this with my 80 plus year old body!

https://nassasilhouette.org/benchrest-f ... uC6Zw8obfI
I'm interested in this. We currently have a home grown match with similar rules, but at 100m we use 3/8 chicken and 1/5 scale pig, turkey, and ram. So the targets in the link are harder, which is good as we have many perfect or near perfect scores.

Problem...the link originally lists the chicken as 1/5 scale, then later lists it as 1/15 scale. CONSIDERABLE DIFFERENCE!!!!! Can someone please tell me the correct chicken size?!?!?!? I'm hoping the 1/15 is a typo as opposed to a non-starter.
Thanks in advance
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

The Chickens are standard smallbore size... 1/5 scale. I'll let Chris know about the typo.

To buy the heavy 1/10 scale animals contact Calvin at quality Targets. He's got the specifications and should be able to crank out sets in a timely manner.

:-bd
Allen Corneau