Known Loads for .243 90 grain bullets? IMR4350 and short on time

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
CoolArrowMarksman
B Poster
B Poster

Known Loads for .243 90 grain bullets? IMR4350 and short on time

Post by CoolArrowMarksman »

Looking for help for quick load development just to get me in the game for the upcoming Texas state match. Limited on time for load development so I thought I'd ask the hivemind. Any and all help appreciated! I will be able to put in the time and effort on real load development later in the year after Service Rifle Nationals in July.

OEM 1980's Remington 700 in .243 1-10 twist
I have IMR 4350 and Berger 90 grain Boat Tail Target - Tangent Ogive
Open to ordering other bullets of course, but powder takes a little longer to deliver

I'm just worrying about Chickens, Pigs, and Turkeys with this request for help. I have a good amount of time on smallbore but just now really jumping in to High Power. Going to shoot this barrel and caliber up until I either get to a point of pulling my hair out because of rung rams or until the barrel burns out on me

I have some Barnes 105gr Match Burners I'm going to give a shot for Rams, but keeping expectations low because I know 1-10 is not likely to be able to stabilize them well enough.
I just read from a guy on the net that he had success with them in a 1-10 twist, can't find the post or remember the forum though.

Any and all help appreciated!
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Known Loads for .243 90 grain bullets? IMR4350 and short on time

Post by jbmarshtx »

I don't shoot the 243. I know a few folks have shot a 243.

I would just load up a book minimum for that weight and powder...it's still fast.

Hodgdon says COAL = 2.625" with 42 grains powder. You could probably search for lower loads than that.

Check accurateshooter, etc. to see what they say. They're probably going for fast and accurate. We just need accurate.
CoolArrowMarksman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by CoolArrowMarksman »

Thanks a ton!
I just needed a starting point!
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

If it makes you feel any better, I'll be at the state match shooting a new gun too!

I'm working on loading rounds so I can get my first practice session with it this weekend (if the rain holds out). Then I have to load everything for the match next weekend. Nothing like being prepared well in advance! 8-}

Luckily for me I'm shooting a 6BR and have good information on starting points for loads from the others that have gotten into this caliber well before me. I'll still need to fine-tune my loads between now and Nationals in July.

See you soon in New Braunfels!
Allen Corneau