Need source for 1/5 scale targets

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Need source for 1/5 scale targets

Post by rogersptl »

Greetings, I would like to get additional 1/4 inch thick, 1/5 scale [SB] pigs, turkeys and rams; 10 each. I have the needed chickens. My 1st choice is the 1/4" but would consider the cast critters. Seems there has been some listed on SC before but now dont find how to search for then. Thanks
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Need source for 1/5 scale targets

Post by Emietenkorte »

I've ordered from Quality Targets before. Great targets if you're looking for non-ductile cast.

https://www.qualitytargets.com/silhouette-targets/
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Eric,thank you for watching over us on Steel Chickens.It’s some of us only source of silhouette information.
Glad you helped find him the targets.
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

I second Quality Targets. I spoke with the owner a 6 weeks ago, ordered 1/5 swingers in a format not listed on the web page. Not a problem, reasonable price, fast turnaround time and excellent quality. I will do business with them again anytime the need arises.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

I just ordered a set of swingers this week from Quality Targets. I have a single swinger set of 4 animals, sized to 40M. Very well made.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

hermit5 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:30 pm Eric,thank you for watching over us on Steel Chickens.It’s some of us only source of silhouette information.
Glad you helped find him the targets.
Always happy to help!
Hawkeye7br
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hawkeye7br »

Our club started with 1/4" thickness but the heads and tails took a beating and started to bend. We had them welded up as swingers so they took more hits than knockdowns, and turning them around was required a lot of work. We went to 3/8 thickness and they are much better. Got them from Quality Targets.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

Hawkeye7br wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:38 pm Our club started with 1/4" thickness but the heads and tails took a beating and started to bend. We had them welded up as swingers so they took more hits than knockdowns, and turning them around was required a lot of work. We went to 3/8 thickness and they are much better. Got them from Quality Targets.
I ordered a full set (40 animals) of the AR500 from Quality Targets and purchased a few extras that I turned into swingers. I've been hitting those hard for 3 years and not a single sign of fatigue. They're great!
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by rogersptl »

Thank you for the lead. I'll be contacting them. We had high power targets cut and welded and seems the company is not interested in making the 1/5 scale targets we requested. Give credit where it is due--that was Pepper tank in Casper, WY.
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

I have bought from quality targets multiple times, and a couple custom sized targets as well. I also have the cast set of 1/5 scale that are great as well
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

Let me toot my own horn here for a second (others can chime in with their opinion afterwards).

I make ductile, cast-iron 1/5 scale Smallbore Silhouette Targets! They have a Lifetime guarantee and will never need welding, because they are NOT welded. They are used all over the US! They are used at BOTH Nationals locations, and locations in between!!

NCSilhouette <dot> com is the site. I started the site before I bought the business (from Ray Shafer) and started selling the best animals in the business.

I too have purchased from Quality Targets and they are indeed quality. He beats my price by a little bit, but the welds can & do break and must be repaired/replaced over time.

Thanks,
Greg Chandler - aka ShootingStar
828 - nine eight nine - 5768