SB nationals

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: SB nationals

Post by frankmako »

the match went very well. i did not see or hear of any problems. ridgway rifle club knows how to run a match, any match. when you have professionals running a match you don't have problems.

there was no nra rep at the match and there was no nra rep at the high power nationals.

two vendors at smallbore, good shooting and lapua with small stuff, i.e.. hats, t-shirts, ink pens, stickers, etc... cathy did have some shooting vests. no ammo. there were several rifles and related items for sale at the club house from different individuals.

cathy with the help of others did put on a good shooters clinic.

the dinner for both matches was good. the door prizes were the best i have ever seen. big high dollar items. lots of door prizes.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

What a great match and event.The weather was cooperating except some minor afternoon winds for hp that challenged some yet showed the capabilities of shooter spotter teams.
The target setters were fantastic as usual for Ridgway.
The ranges were in fantastic condition.
There were some “ dingers “ on hp rams but that is Silhouette.
I heard no complaints about catered lunches or of the 2 provided meals and adequate beverages.
As Ken Haupricht explained at conclusion of hp.
“ The pulse of Silhouette is alive at Ridgway and will continue.”

The SB portion of the matches featured the Long thought dream of 3 Nationals of Canada,USA and Mexico called the Monarch Cup.
All those present can say they attended the very first one.There were so many reunions of the silhouette family friends of long ago.
Most notably the return of the 12 year old HP Nationals Champion from Mexico , Pedro R.( sorry I’m bad with names and dates)
30 years .
Another highlight was tying of a hp chickens Long Run Nationals records of this then 12 year old set then and tied at this event by ( I believe) Jake Stein a JR and got to shake hands with one another as co holders of this record.
Door prizes were some high dollar items and plentiful,at both events.

Other highlights were the sb Shooters Clinic.Thank You to Cathy,Chris,Eric,John and others for their time and expertise.
Thank You to all the Ridgway club members who helped make this shooting facility what it is today.Another long ago dream of some forward thinking members,no longer with us,may they continue to smile down at this club.
c4p6t7r188
B Poster
B Poster

Post by c4p6t7r188 »

frankmako wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:56 am the match went very well. i did not see or hear of any problems. ridgway rifle club knows how to run a match, any match. when you have professionals running a match you don't have problems.

there was no nra rep at the match and there was no nra rep at the high power nationals.

two vendors at smallbore, good shooting and lapua with small stuff, i.e.. hats, t-shirts, ink pens, stickers, etc... cathy did have some shooting vests. no ammo. there were several rifles and related items for sale at the club house from different individuals.

cathy with the help of others did put on a good shooters clinic.

the dinner for both matches was good. the door prizes were the best i have ever seen. big high dollar items. lots of door prizes.
Those door prizes were amazing, I really hope every single silhouette shooter e-mails each company to thank them and for continue support of our sport!
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Sounds great! Thanks for the update. I dream of being able to go to the Nationals some day!