Interest in 22 BPCR growing Rifle suggestions

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Interest in 22 BPCR growing Rifle suggestions

Post by 375Short »

Unfortunately my interest in 22BPCR is growing and as I read the rules and various post my head starts to spin.

What is a logical, available and relatively affordable rifle choice? How complicated is it to find a scope and attach it to that choice?

It seems Uberti 1885 Winchester copies are available and often less than 1K. Add a .22 insert and I’m off to the races? Or have I managed to miss the boat entirely?

To really show my ignorance I’m not even sure I understand the course of fire and target size. The obvious solution is attend a match or two but they are all so far from me that once I make that trip I might as well be ready to shoot the match. I need a less expensive addiction than Silhouette but I can’t seem to break it, may as well make it worse.

Someone boil this down for me, keep it simple, I suffer from slow learner syndrome.

Thanks
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Interest in 22 BPCR growing Rifle suggestions

Post by DonM »

A uberti 85 and a crossno insert would be a grand way to get started into the game. The MVA B5 scope in the #2 mounts or a DZ Arms scope are the best choices.
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 375Short »

Thank you for the guidance- much appreciated
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

You're welcome. That combo will get you started and then chances are pretty good you'll want a dedicated 22. And then the plot thickens LOL