Texas HP Silhouette matches?

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
CoolArrowMarksman
B Poster
B Poster

Texas HP Silhouette matches?

Post by CoolArrowMarksman »

There are a ton of smallbore opportunities to shoot but I am having trouble finding Places in Texas to shoot High Power silhouette.

I am local to the New Braunfels CTSA silhouette match already, and I've found one other in El Paso with Tejas Silhouette Shooter, but that's all i've been able to find in Texas. El Paso may have more matches than I can currently find. Alot of these club websites are from the 90's and barely maintained or updated.

I'm counting myself lucky that CTSA and big time shooters are here in Texas to learn from.
Evelio is taking my dad's old .243 Remington 700 and bedding/floating it, and installing a Jewell trigger.
The barrel was grouping accurate enough on initial testing with the rifle just as my dad bought it from Sears = 6 pound trigger, 4x Bushnell scope, non-floated barrel. Even in that state with a difficult time keeping a consistent point of aim from the heavy trigger and fat crosshair I was veryy happy with the groups. I can't wait to see what it can do with some reloads after I've popped off some more factory ammo in 100 yards practice

I'm ready to pop some long range steel! More High Power matches to attend would help :)
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Texas HP Silhouette matches?

Post by jbmarshtx »

Right now, CTSA is it unless El Paso hosts matches. Matches are the first Sunday of the month at CTCS, usually starting with smallbore, and then highpower which may be swingers or full set up targets depending on number of shooters.

August 7, the normal club match director (Mark Pharr) will be out. I will be subbing in and plan on shooting high power first followed by smallbore if that works for folks.

The state match is October 29 and 30 at CTSA, so this will be a good chance to test out loads, the range, get zeros, etc.

I tried to get a BPCR range to host a match, but they were not interested. This was west of Ft. Worth. Another range would be willing to host, but their targets are mild steel and would not handle highpower rounds.