Wanted - need 38-55 brass

Want to buy or want to sell.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Wanted - need 38-55 brass

Post by Trent »

Got a "new to me" 38-55 and now of course I need some brass to feed the thing. I have 30-30 that I can form but I'd much rather have some proper length cases if I can. If anyone can spare some I would be mighty grateful.

- Trent
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Wanted - need 38-55 brass

Post by Merlin »

What rifle did you buy? Are you looking for the long brass or the short?
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

Cimarron 1894 26" octagon. I haven't gotten around to doing a chamber cast and slugging the barrel yet. I suspect the 2.125" should work best in it, but that seems to be completely non-existent. I checked AmmoSeek tonight and found a couple retailers with the 2.080" available.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Trent wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:30 pm Cimarron 1894 26" octagon. I haven't gotten around to doing a chamber cast and slugging the barrel yet. I suspect the 2.125" should work best in it, but that seems to be completely non-existent. I checked AmmoSeek tonight and found a couple retailers with the 2.080" available.
Do tell how does it look so far? Obviously you haven’t been able to shoot it. I want one real bad but not sure if it’s worth the coin. Close replica of a real 94 or a facsimile like the Rossi 92 is to a regular 92? Didn’t think I cared for 38-55 till I bought a CPA with a 38-55 barrel and was knocking rams down at 500 yards with it…. :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

https://www.bereli.com/winchester-unpri ... er-50-bag/

I purchases a couple hundred rounds from them… looks like a scam sight but it takes CC and it showed up in 4 days….
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

cedestech wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:45 pm
Do tell how does it look so far? Obviously you haven’t been able to shoot it. I want one real bad but not sure if it’s worth the coin. Close replica of a real 94 or a facsimile like the Rossi 92 is to a regular 92? Didn’t think I cared for 38-55 till I bought a CPA with a 38-55 barrel and was knocking rams down at 500 yards with it…. :)
I think it is beautiful. I would say it's a very close replica of a real 94. To be fair though, my model 94 from 1975 has the same problems as everyone elses and has lost most of the finish from the receiver so my standards might be low (haha) . Funny you should bring up the R92 as I bought a 24" R92 in 357mag the same weekend I picked up the Cimarron (stepping into the deep end). The Cimarron is hands down nicer than the Rossi, but the R92 trigger is better. I don't know if I'll work on the trigger or send it out. Just on the heavy side (maybe 5-6 lbs). The Rossi definitely looks like a lesser quality but I'm ok with that as long as it performs.

I haven't figured out how to attach photos on SC since PhotoBucket got jacked up. Here is a Google link that should open the Cimarron.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WaTjthiKS5D9VUQo9

The R92... (very, very plain wood... but I'm impressed with the trigger)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oN52hXcb4xiKuQMP7

Paid $790 for the R92 (new in box, ok price) from a local guy, and $1090 for the Cimarron from Cabelas Gun Library. With the tang sight on the Cimarron I think I did ok.
Last edited by Trent on Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

cedestech wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:50 pm https://www.bereli.com/winchester-unpri ... er-50-bag/

I purchases a couple hundred rounds from them… looks like a scam sight but it takes CC and it showed up in 4 days….
I found this late last night surfing on AmmoSeek and ordered 100. I read thru their reviews and looked through some Google searches. Seems legit. Hope they show up!

https://maverickreloading.com/product/3 ... 080-100ct/
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

94 looks nice. You should make a post when you get it to shoot about it. With the price of post 64 "collectables" going through the roof if the Uberti shoots well enough it'll be a nice option.

If you haven't figured it out yet the 92 has a SLOW twist barrel. 158's you'll have to push fast and the chambers are sloppy so it really tears up the brass. 125's shooting slow are accurate.

I bought another new one the other day because I felt I needed to. Paid a bit more then you did. I think the "cheap" gun days are over.

:D