Busted my trigger

This is what we do.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Busted my trigger

Post by acorneau »

Howdy folks.

I had the trigger group off my wing-safety 1710 today for some maintenance. In putting it back on the receiver I managed to break an internal sear part. (Super sad face.)

Does anyone have a good resources for parts for these older triggers? Likewise, does anyone have an old trigger group that's already in disarray and can be parted out?

I will be putting in a call to Neil Stepp at ISS on Monday but thought I would ask the folks here as well, just to cover more ground for a potential lead.

Thanks.
Allen Corneau
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Busted my trigger

Post by acorneau »

Well, a quick call to Neil and I've now got the part heading my way. After a brief description he knew exactly the part I needed.

Now I just have to figure out how to get it put in there without loosing a spring!

:-B
Allen Corneau
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Put it in a gallon freezer bag and work inside it, if the spring flies out it should be contained, unless it goes through the opening where your hands enter but point it towards the back of the bag
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pdeal »

Alan I have the same gun and have had the trigger apart multiple times. A trick to reassembling this one is to pre assemble some of the inner parts with a pin that’s short enough to allow the assembly to be put into the trigger housing as a unit. Then use the permanent pin to push the short temporary pin out. I used a small finishing nail to make the short pin.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

pdeal wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:40 pm Alan I have the same gun and have had the trigger apart multiple times. A trick to reassembling this one is to pre assemble some of the inner parts with a pin that’s short enough to allow the assembly to be put into the trigger housing as a unit. Then use the permanent pin to push the short temporary pin out. I used a small finishing nail to make the short pin.
Same here but with a piece of toothpick.....
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Congratulations on getting the part you need!

My suggestions was to see if you could R&R the rifle with a new 1712, if you can find one. Getting the part you need is generally accepted as a better solution.

:D
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Allen,long ago I had the same problem.Glad you got it healed.
Pdeal,that short pin is called a slave pin,I had one for TC contenders to install hammer springs.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Thanks guys, but she's not all better yet.

I expect the part to arrive in the coming days and then I have to figure out how to get it in there!

Now where is my OptiVisor? :-B
Allen Corneau