Vests

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Vests

Post by Grantmac »

Any good options that don't break the bank? Not ready for a +$300 leather one.
Considering a shotgun vest or perhaps a simple non-shooting specific suede vest.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Vests

Post by acorneau »

Like a lot of people, I started with a simple cotton/mesh shotgun vest. I'd say it's better than nothing.

If you can get someone to sew a patch of suede leather to your support elbow area (left hip) and a patch to the right shoulder (assuming you're right-handed here) then that will go a long way.

Just having some big pockets to put all your stuff as you move from station to station is half the reason to have a vest. :ymparty:
Allen Corneau
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

My body shape won't let me get my elbow anywhere near my hip, I rest triceps to ribs. But you have a really good idea adding some suede to that contact point.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Chris Winstead makes a Lever Action Silhouette vest for around $200.00. They are very nice and already have suede on them.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

A simple shotgun style vest is fine. For me having the pockets to carry stuff is the most important reason to wear a vest.
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

I bought a cheap shotgun vest, I can add some suede to get the feel I want.
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

44 mag wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:18 am Chris Winstead makes a Lever Action Silhouette vest for around $200.00. They are very nice and already have suede on them.
What makes it a Lever Action Vest? I looked on his website and saw no mention of it.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

The vest is an automatic switch vest. Whatever rifle you hold to your shoulder once it touches the vest it automatically switches to accommodate.
One vest works with all classes! It's the latest thing.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

MOTO VITA wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:57 pm
44 mag wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:18 am Chris Winstead makes a Lever Action Silhouette vest for around $200.00. They are very nice and already have suede on them.
What makes it a Lever Action Vest? I looked on his website and saw no mention of it.
https://hardscrabblemountain.com/shop/s ... mbination/

:-B
Allen Corneau
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

He did make a best for Lever Action Silhouette that was a trap best with some suede added in spots. He may not make them now as leather vests are legal for lever action. I would contact Chris and see what he has.