Stolen Rifle alert….

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Stolen Rifle alert….

Post by cedestech »

Was purchasing a marlin Cowboy Classic in 357 with 24” octagon barrel. It was stolen by postal employees… (shocker). I have the serial number available. If you come across one for sale PLEASE let me know and lets compare serial numbers so the guy can get his rifle back. He’s refunding me but am pretty sure he’ll never see a dime from the post office.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Stolen Rifle alert….

Post by jnyork »

Have you reported it to Law Enforcement so the serial number gets put in the national data base of stolen firearms, that might help get it back.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Not my rifle. Never made it to my FFL. Postal service well aware, dude is getting his local PD involved. It’s a somewhat uncommon rifle so if anyone sees one come up for sale I’d appreciate a “heads up”… Just want ole’ boy to get his rifle back. I hate a thief.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

Uninsured?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

No idea but from what I have been told by other people who have been in the exact same situation, pretty much doesn’t matter. They will drag it out for a year and then find other reasons not to pay. It’s a screwed deal all the way around. I am getting my money back. Fellow who’s rifle it is, finding someone trying to sell it would probably be the best outcome.
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

I wish good luck to the guy. I've been in that same situation now 4 times and I'm 0 (zero) for 4 on collecting insurance. I think the Postal Service insurance is a scam!
Granted mine were not quite as high $ as this one, but one claim was $600, still, I don't think the Postal Service has a good reputation for paying.

They make you do the claim on line and it just drags on and on with no resolution.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

I have heard that exact same story from multiple people… Enough that even if the Postal Service was to straighten up I don’t think I would ever use them for anything expensive. Even UPS has streamlined their small claims. I wonder what the difference is between the two… Oh yeah, one’s government run the other one is not… Lol.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

UPS = Teamsters
USPS = SEIU
SEIU were the ones blockading interstate bridges and rioting over police "brutalities".
SEIU stuffed the ballot boxes in major cities for the 2008 Presidential election. They did not have to in the 2012 election.
The POTUS immediately paid back SEIU by changing policy so that UPS delivers packages to a USPS hub for local distribution instead of UPS taking the package all the way to your front door. The excuse was efficiency. UPS could never officially put small packages in your mailbox but that is not true when USPS is delivering UPS packages that will never fit in even a large mailbox. The members are benefitting by shift differentials on Sunday priority deliveries and massive overtime.
Before any of you say this is some kind of "conspiracy theory", take into account that I was represented by SEIU for over 30 years and knew three SEIU reps very well. One was great. The other two were rats. The two rats disappeared from the end of September 2008 to one week exactly after the November 2008 election. The great one shot himself in the head twice and drowned at the same time while running his car into a reservoir one week before he was to testify before Congress on Union activities.
Bottom line= USPS workers are untouchable.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

I believe it. Funny thing is I have another rifle coming from a GB auction and the guy chose to use USPS…. It too has gone into a hole… (coming from the NW part of the country)

We’ll see…. LOL.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

ANOTHER rifle??????
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

psteiger wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:35 am ANOTHER rifle??????
This coming from the man that couldn’t guess with in 10 how many he has….

LOL

=))
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

that's mean....snifff.....you hurt my feeling......I know exactly what I have...12.5 :-o
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

psteiger wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:49 pm that's mean....snifff.....you hurt my feeling......I know exactly what I have...12.5 :-o
Is that the square root or you misplaced a the decimal?