State Match requirements from your State Association

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

State Match requirements from your State Association

Post by TheBugFather »

If anyone has a copy of a past, present or future entry form and match information sheet for your state match.

I would appreciate a copy of it to my email.

Particularly Lever action, but any and all will do.

Our state association here in California is making things more difficult to put on our state match, kind of like our state government.

I'm looking for examples of other states, that I can show them.

My email is: RELTSO at GMAIL dot COM

Currently they want to charge $20 for a 3 day Association member ship for out of state shooters.

They want to have all California shooters to join the Association at $55 per year.

They are not allowing an out of state person to win the State Champion trophies, for individual and over all matches.

Among other requirements.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

We currently are not following these rules and hosting our California State Lever Action Match, this Memorial Day weekend, May 27-30th, 2022.
80 round matches for all 3 disciplines.

If anyone is passing through Southern California, attached is our 2022 calendar.

Thanks, Dennis Ostler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TheBugFather on Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: State Match requirements from your State Association

Post by cslcAl »

Dennis,

We had all the same problems you are having with our State Association several years ago. All the match directors just got fed up with their money grab. We haven’t had any state matches for 5 or 6 years. It’s a shame.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

We have regional matches in Oklahoma because our state rifle association is weak and requires a fee per shooter and doesn't offer any support in return.

NRA Regional fees are more than state, but I would rather support NRA competitions than our state association.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

I wrote a long diatribe but then cut it and will paste it to an email to you…

It’s not that I don’t have an opinion to share, it’s that I don’t want deal with being chastised for it…

(Who says I don’t learn!)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by squinty_shooter »

Smart man the Emmett!!!
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

squinty_shooter wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:57 pm Smart man the Emmett!!!
B-)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

dwostler,
I'll send you an email, but the summary of my interaction with our State Rifle & Pistol Club (NC) - is they do not require much of anything from us, except that we purchase our 2 State Champ plaques from them, so they can control the "standard" look of them.
WE have decided that only in-state residents can hold the State Champ title and we award "Open Champion" to an out-of-state person who has a higher score than a State Resident. If nobody from out of state is higher scoring, the Open Champ goes to 2nd place. It's a little different, but does recognize out of state-ers who beat everyone else!

The State Champ plaques have always been nicely designed and executed, but the prices have risen (along with everything else) to $60/plaque!

Oh yeah - forgot to mention we hold the Smallbore Silhouette Rifle & Smallbore Silhouette Hunting Rifle State Championships, the 1st weekend in June. This year it will be in Asheville, NC (as it has been since about 2013 or 15). Stay tuned for my registration posting coming soon (this whole working-for-a-living thing, really cramps my style)!!!

ShootingStar - aka Greg Chandler
Match Director, Silhouette Shooter and maker of the BEST 1/5th scale, ductile cast iron Silhouette Targets!!!