Scopes are coming!

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Scopes are coming!

Post by cedestech »

Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
CoolArrowMarksman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by CoolArrowMarksman »

Picked one up. Dot EFR’s have been discontinued as long as I’ve been shooting and more as far as I know. The Leupold Custom shop has also been closed since well before I started shooting silhouette.
$800 is less than I paid for my 1st EFR’s with the 3/4 MOA dot I paid to Cheryl Ackerman To install.

$750 for the EFR $225 I’m in for $975.

Picking this up is so much more simple and supports a company making something for silhouette shooters
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

psteiger wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:05 pm https://www.brunoshooters.com/mm5/merch ... Code=12196

look at this!
$280.00 with similar specs. Lifetime No BS guarantee.

Is the red illuminated dot legal?
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Merlin wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:35 pm
psteiger wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:05 pm https://www.brunoshooters.com/mm5/merch ... Code=12196

look at this!

There is nothing in the rules about illuminated scopes.
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

Merlin wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:35 pm

look at this!

Merlin I own one and it works well, you are welcome to take a look at it just let me know. I have them in stock at work for $269.97.
Paul
Paul Freeman
Alvin, Tx
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Thanks Paul. I'll drop by your store and take a look at one...

Merlin
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

I like them too, very good scope for the money and enough adjustment range on the elevation dial to not causing a problem with running out.

Dennis Ostler
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
K Danz
B Poster
B Poster

Post by K Danz »

cedestech wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:48 pm
K Danz wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:31 pm Sooooo........ here we are 2 weeks from SB/HP Nationals and as expected,
So to those select few that were lucky enough to obtain some early models from Leupold, good for you. I guess the rest of us common folk are left out in the cold.
You do realize “SB/HP silhouette” is a tiny microcosm of the entire world wide scope market? 1/4” tall adjustable turrets and a fine line with 3/8 - 1/2” target dot reticle and an objective that adjusts from 40 yards to infinity is just not almost anyones first, second or 15th choice for any other game or hunting.

Do you know what it takes for a company, regardless of size to stop a production line, come up with those specifications and tool up for a batch of scopes?

Do you have any idea what the break even point is to tool up for such a run vs what the market will bear?

The fact that they are even giving credence or putting forth any effort to make an attempt to satisfy such a niche market is commendable. Not something you should publicly ridicule them for.

I am sure it is out of frustration. But if you needed a scope that bad why haven’t you put a ISO/WTB ad in the classifieds here or the 2 or three other larger forums where people who used to shoot silhouette but have migrated away would see it and may be willing to help you out.

Berating them for not producing a product that they will be extremely lucky to break even on isn’t the way to get them to produce it any faster or put it any higher on their priority list.

;)
My frustration is not just with Leupold. For many years I have seen "promises" from the gun industry that take forever to come to fruition. I've seen many introductions for the latest "Gee wiz, bang up gun, optic, reloading gizmo or watchamacallit" that all the gun writers get their hands on. They proclaim rave reviews with promises of "this will change your life". Then you say "hey where can I get that?", well ya gotta wait a few months. (or years in some cases) (or never, anyone remember the Ruger XGI??)
This is not just Leupold. It's all over the industry. I shoot all kinds of competition. Silhouette rifle/handgun, 3 Gun, USPSA, Steel Challenge. I once wanted to purchase a CZ Shadow 2 9mm for USPSA when they were introduced. Never saw one listed anywhere for a year. Eventually I said the heck with it and bought some Springfield Armory XDM's. Then as luck would have it, I won a Shadow 2 in a drawing at a match, a year and a half after it was announced. (I do get lucky once in a while)
Now I will say I understand your point of converting over a production line for small runs of something. I was a production planner for 20 years with a major corporation. I get it.
I get that we are a niche market. But the frustration is them saying "we're going to make these", with no idea as to when.
So I took your advice (way back in January BTW). I purchased 2, used, 6.5-20 VXiii's on ebay for a very good price, sent them to Cheryl Ackerman to have dots put in and that's what I used for the Nationals last week in Ridgway.
The funniest part to all of this, my first day at High Power Nationals, I get a facebook post saying these new scopes are available for purchase at euro optic. Just in time for Nationals! (well, maybe next years Nationals)
Anyway, all that said, I am a huge fan of Leupold. I have 30 different guns with scopes. All but one of them are Leupold. I've broken some and had them repaired at no cost other than shipping. Even a couple were my fault.
And in conclusion, I did spring for one of the new scopes..........
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Announcement way ahead of time is a common tactic to sell as much quantity of a product as possible instantly as soon as it hits the shelves.
The other tactic when sales lag is to announce that you better buy "it" now because we will never produce "it" again. Then two years later, the company cranks up production of "it" again like nothing ever happened. Anschutz is famous for that.
The real tragedy is when a company manufactures expensive items like rifles and only guarantees repair parts for two years and during those two years refuses to sell parts to brick and mortar, FFl holding gunsmiths/rifle builders.
CoolArrowMarksman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by CoolArrowMarksman »

Would there be any problem mounting an EFr like this diamond model on a High Power rifle?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

CoolArrowMarksman wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:22 am Would there be any problem mounting an EFr like this diamond model on a High Power rifle?
Nope.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

I ordered a new diamond efr. Curious if I can see any difference between the last series.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

ter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:02 pm I ordered a new diamond efr. Curious if I can see any difference between the last series.
I did a comparison of the new HD and the old vx-3i when I got one back in April. You can watch it here https://youtu.be/1KOBEwcZ2jg

You will be able to see through both of them side by side. I can definitely see a difference between the two, with the new one being much brighter and clearer.
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

Emietenkorte wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:17 pm
ter wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:02 pm I ordered a new diamond efr. Curious if I can see any difference between the last series.
I did a comparison of the new HD and the old vx-3i when I got one back in April. You can watch it here https://youtu.be/1KOBEwcZ2jg

You will be able to see through both of them side by side. I can definitely see a difference between the two, with the new one being much brighter and clearer.
That video is very informative, thanks. Seeing the two reticles side by side I must say I prefer the dot over the diamond. I'm wondering if a scope shop can put a large dot over the diamond which would keep the tapered crosshairs, which I also prefer and I believe is a Leupold exclusive.