CRC Firing Line Cover Update 5

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

CRC Firing Line Cover Update 5

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Went out to the range this morning to check progress on the cover and check zeros on the 7-08 Skittles gun. All the metal trim is on and is about 75% complete on the shingles, post bracing next. Contractor will be done Wed. The temp was 70 degrees and dead calm, perfect for checking zeroes after putting the newly painted stock back on. The first shot was dead on from last time, no adjustments needed. All other distances were right on. Tommorrow we have our first match under the new cover. I will post about it Sun. night.
Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Seven shooters showed up for our first HP match under the new line cover. Most of the regular shooters were hunting this weekend. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a windy day. The temp was 75 degrees, but steady winds of 12-15 mph with gusts to 20 mph out of the west (we shoot north) made hitting targets tough. We opted to shoot one 60 shot any gun fun ? match. One guy used his Sako TRG .308. Pistol shooter Bill S. got 43x60. High rifle score was my 28x60, 26 of them were lucky! It was basically uncontrolable swing thru snap shooting. I chose not to needlessly waste ammo in the new 7-08 barrels and used my .308 Rem. 700 Classic instead. I shoot 168 mk 's at all the targets with this rifle. I had to put in 4.5 minutes of left at rams, this worked OK whenever I got the dot on the SOB and yanked on the trigger. The crew will complete the cover this week, just in time for a SB match next Sunday. http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z94/BOBMCALICE/five/