Cataract removal - new lenses.

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Cataract removal - new lenses.

Post by atomicbrh »

Merlin,
Did you have astigmatism?
Did your surgeon try to correct it using the limbal incision method or the toric lens?
It is standard operating procedure for the Surgeon to do his best to correct astigmatism at the same time the cataract surgery is done.
RBriscoe
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by RBriscoe »

My comment is based upon the experience of family members, friends, and myself and the experience of none of them has been anywhere remotely similar to that described. Common sense would indicate caution with the second eye when things did not go well with the first.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Tuesday morning for the third attempt. Kinda depressing.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Merlin wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:53 pm Tuesday morning for the third attempt. Kinda depressing.
I’m sorry Sir.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

good luck
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

Marlin, I am extremely sorry you are having problems with the cataract surgery. You say the surgeon is top rated, but I can't help but think something went amiss during the surgery. I sincerely hope your vision returns to normal. Interesting, you said you could not see clearly after a few days, That doesn't seem right. When I had my surgery, I remember seeing halos for a few days, but my vision was 20/20 when they checked my vision after a few days.
I do remember the doctor who checked my eye said that the surgeon who did mine was one of the best he had seen, in that the incision and subsequent flap would leave little if any scarring.