2022 Coop Shot

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2022 Coop Shot

Post by Doodaddy »

February 26-27, 2022, the 2022 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional will be hosted at Team Hatch Shooting Facility in Jonesboro, LA.

We're excited to announce the 2022 Chicken Coop Shoot! We missed hosting this match from the Coop collapsing in a snow/ice storm right before the match in 2021, but we're looking up from here! We are in the process of converting a different coop into the new permanent home of the match. It. Is. A. Work. In. Progress. We'll likely only have half the building ready (which is exactly what we need for the match) and cleared out before the date of the match so the match won't be impacted; it's just that the luxurious nature of the previous matches won't be quite attained this year. Eventually it will be significantly better than the previous Coop, but let's keep our expectations below that for this next match so bear with us for the time being.

We are announcing a change to the format of the match. There will be three 60 shot matches for a 180 shot total. Competitors will shoot only one rifle for the entire tournament: either Target, Open, or Sporter. It is the competitor’s choice which rifle to shoot and competitors are required to designate their rifle at any time before the start of air rifle match #1. The competitor that fires the highest 180-shot score, regardless of the rifle they shoot, is the Open Air Rifle Regional Champion. The competitor that fires the highest 180 shot score with a Target Rifle is the Target Air rifle Regional Champion. The competitor that fires the highest 180 shot score with a Sporter Rifle is the Sporter Air Rifle Regional Champion. A competitor shooting an Open rifle is eligible to win only the Open Air rifle Regional Championship, but a competitor shooting either a Target or Sporter rifle is eligible to win both the rifle they are shooting and the Open Rifle Regional Championships. In addition to the three championships, first and second place awards will be awarded in each class for each rifle (note that competitors are only eligible to win their class in the rifle that they designate – so a competitor that designates their self as firing in the Target Rifle match cannot win their class in the Open Rifle Match).

Any and all suggestions are welcome so please do not hesitate to provide feedback. We want this to be a community loved event. There are pictures of the range and previous matches at the website: http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com/gallery/.

Just like previous years, for those that do not attend the match I will be providing real time results on the range's site.

Entry fees are a flat $75.

Registration can be sent to:

Vickie Hatch
365 Swanner Watts rd
Jonesboro, LA 71251

Please see the attached file for the registration form.

Online payment can be sent via Paypal (friends and family method) to garinhatch@gmail.com or to $GarinHatch on Square Cash or to @GarinHatch on Venmo. Please email your registration to garinhatch@gmail.com.

The range is sort of remotely located, but it is central to Little Rock to Baton Rouge and Dallas to Jackson. Just south of I-20. ~30 miles from Ruston, LA & ~37 miles from West Monroe, LA.

The address keeps wandering around on Google Maps so here are the coordinates: 32°15'41.7"N 92°35'26.9"W

Google Map Link to the range.

For lodging, the Jimmie Davis State Park is a popular option. It's located very near the range (5-8 miles) and is on Caney Lake. The park offers a variety of lodging options (Deluxe Cabins, Deluxe Lodges, and Traditional Camp sites.) Deluxe Cabins sleep up to 8 people with 1 queen bed, 2 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper and the Deluxe Lodges sleep up to 14 people with 2 double beds, 4 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper. This has been spoken very highly of from several shooters. If some coordination can be made between a group of shooters, lodging can be very inexpensive.

Park site:
https://www.lastateparks.com/parks-pres ... state-park

Standard hotel options are below.

Jonesboro, LA Sleep Inn:
https://www.choicehotels.com/louisiana/ ... tels/la279

Ruston, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/ruston-la-hotels.html

West Monroe, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/west-m ... otels.html

Questions, concerns, comments, ideas, suggestions all can be sent to me here, RFC, or through email: garinhatch@gmail.com or my cell at 318-237-6353. Please contact me or see http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com for anything you may need.
2022 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional PROGRAM.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Doodaddy on Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: 2022 Coop Shot

Post by dustinflint »

We will be there! Can't wait!!

I have a suggestion. I'll text it to you.

Dustin
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Yup, yup!

It's on the Texas Silhouette Calendar and I'll spread the word to our regular air rifle guys to get signed up!

:-bd
Allen Corneau
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Will talk to my wife tomorrow and make plans to attend! Looking forward to this
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Man that’d be Great that you come!! Friday practice is fun. We’ll have a grill there and sausage and such. Usually there are side games and a awful lot of trash talk. From Vicksburg you can get to the Coop no more than two hours. Not a bad drive at all.
And I’m pretty sure that you’ll never experience a silhouette tournament as this. Lol
But, just saying, there have been over 50 NRA National Records set there.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Deau-we
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Deau-we »

Can’t wait. I’ll be there.
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

Doodaddy,
I'm only classified in OUTDOOR Air Rifle. Will that be a problem for INDOOR?
I guess I just have to be classified as a Master and whip everyone's butt - (even though currently only a AA)!!! :))

ShootingStar
Greg Chandler

If I can go (which is waaaay up in the air) I might have to work it out with Shawn Curliss to buy a set of resettables (for myself or the Club)!
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

ShootingStar wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:36 am Doodaddy,
I'm only classified in OUTDOOR Air Rifle. Will that be a problem for INDOOR?
I guess I just have to be classified as a Master and whip everyone's butt - (even though currently only a AA)!!! :))

ShootingStar
Greg Chandler

If I can go (which is waaaay up in the air) I might have to work it out with Shawn Curliss to buy a set of resettables (for myself or the Club)!
Won't be a problem at all! I'll class you off of the score from the first of three matches. It'll be a blast!
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Bumping because we need a great turn-out for the Coop this year!

Get your registration and fees turned in early so the Team Hatch crew can pay for what they need to do to get ready.

Allen Corneau
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

acorneau wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:44 pm Bumping because we need a great turn-out for the Coop this year!

Get your registration and fees turned in early so the Team Hatch crew can pay for what they need to do to get ready.

Just ordered all of the components for the new lighting system. Let's see if the world lights up or not!
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Sent in my entry form and paid today, plus have a camping spot reserved at the state park nearby, looking forward to this!

On another note, what is everyone using in .177 for the further targets, sticking to the diabolo wadcutters or going to pointed bullets? I am using an Anschutz 2002CA

Thanks!
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Great to hear that you are coming. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
This past week was really busy getting ready. We removed tin from the roof of the collapsed Coop and walled up the sides of the new Coop. It’s much better than the woven poly curtains that was on the other.
Also will have a kinda neat side game to check out. It’s a Gamo Running Deer Target. I gotta kick out of it. We’ll see.
Y’all Come!!!!!
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

thauglor wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:23 pm Sent in my entry form and paid today, plus have a camping spot reserved at the state park nearby, looking forward to this!
It's a lot of fun with great hosts. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
On another note, what is everyone using in .177 for the further targets, sticking to the diabolo wadcutters or going to pointed bullets? I am using an Anschutz 2002CA
Most folks shoot domed pellets, not wadcutters. JSB 7.33's are a popular choice for Target rifles, although some choose the 7.87's or other similar options.

See you at the Coop!
Allen Corneau
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

It's now match month!

The Coop is shaping up very nicely and going to be stellar I think. Vickie was asking me for a ballpark number of participants so she can plan for food. I know the ones that are usually there, but if I could get a rough headcount, that'd be great.

Also! Bring a chair or something if you can. Our "collection" of seating was lost in the collapse.

Show up and shoot!
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Woot woot!

Also, make sure to send in your match fees early so the Hatch family doesn't have to float the expenses for so long!
Allen Corneau