S400 MPT

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

S400 MPT

Post by Grantmac »

Looking at getting one of these, it's the 10m version but in the FT stock. Could it shoot in Target or would it be stuck in Open?

Unlikely to really compete because that's just not happening around here (yet) and looking to use it as a yard trainer for my SB rifle. The lower power is appealing for shot count and keeping noise down.

Cheers,
Grant
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: S400 MPT

Post by acorneau »

Get it and roll with it.

Technically, officially... a Target rifle is supposed to be an unaltered 10m rifle. If it's just you and your backyard then it doesn't matter. If you head to a larger match like a state championship or a regional then it will matter more.

Out of curiosity I looked up the FT stock and I can't tell how it's really different from the standard stock. I can't imagine anyone protesting this configuration at a match, but I guess it could happen.
Allen Corneau
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

I believe there is a gauge hole in the bottom of the stock otherwise I think the same. I'd be pretty outgunned against most proper 10m rifles so I'm sure they'd let it fly. I could take the same gun into Open as well which would be appealing.
Although as of right now there isn't any competitive interest locally which I'm hoping to change.

-Grant
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

It’s perfectly legal in that configuration in a Target Air Rifle Silhouette match

Dustin
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

Appears that there was some one in front of me who's decided to buy it, too bad.

Now debating other PCP options in the less expensive categories.